eTrading Java Development Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
See job description for details
We're hiring an eTrading Java Development Manager to join us in London
- This is an opportunity for an experienced eTrading Java Developer to work on the industry leading Natwest Markets Fixed Income electronic trading platform
- You'll have a notably varied role, taking in design, project management and build, along with managing a team of developers, as well as liaising with stakeholders at all levels
- The role is available at vice president level
What you'll do
The FI eTrading team are a global but London centric team, working closely with the trading desks in London, Stamford and Singapore, and providing electronic trading solutions. We own the entire architecture front to back, and are tasked with taking the electronic platform to the next generation, including full automation of the electronic flow, meeting regulatory and control requirements, and providing excellent technical solutions to meet customers' needs.
You'll be a key member of the team, responsible for developing a global platform for low latency electronic trading, access to electronic venues - RFQ, D2C and D2D - as well algorithmic development. You'll work closely and directly with traders to translate requirements into technical solutions, implement them into the trading eco-system, and provide fully automated testing solutions.
Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Setting and delivering on a target technology state architecture for various e-trading products, including all elements of the software lifecyle
- Embracing DevOps practices to monitor and own the code in production
- Understanding the the machines that will be running your code, having an appreciation of the relationships between hardware and software when running high throughput, low latency, co-lo environments
- Efficiently delivering to trading objectives, technology target state and regulatory agendas
The skills you'll need
This role requires an experienced eTrading Java Developer, with detailed knowledge of eTrading workflows, specifically quote and order management, market data and STP, along with the FIX messaging protocol. You'll have solid understanding of the fundamentals of core Java programming and real-time, low latency server side development. You'll also be fluent object-orientated analysis and design principles and the fundamentals of good design, and able to apply them to real world scenarios.
We'll also be looking for:
- Experience working with trading and quoting gateways
- Development experience on a large complex codebase
- Strong understanding of agile software development practices
- Great people skills, with the ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a high-intellect environment
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.