- Up to £120k
- London Borough of Bromley, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sterlings Partnership
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
A Tier 1 Investment Bank are in the process of seeking a Senior Scala Developer
A Tier 1 Investment Bank are in the process of seeking a Senior Scala Developer to work across their Global Markets Operations Team which covers operations technology servicing cash products for equities, fixed income, prime brokerage, wealth management, asset servicing etc.
- Part of the SIM program (simplify and improve) where there are 200 or so applications in the transformation process across STP platforms (reconciliations, trade capture, settlements, asset services etc.)
- Aim is to bring together applications that look different and are separate across regions of US, APAC & EMEA and to now simplify and improve applications to single processing, building common integration, simplifying application/consolidation into one place - this will be a brand new infrastructure; Scala the main language with Angular GUI, state of the art cloud technology, Hadoop and Big Data.
- This role is focused on the re-engineering of their Settlements platform, in which you would be responsible for the development and delivery of this piece specifically within the GMOT function.
- Proficiency in a JVM-based language and extensive experience in other OO/functional languages.
- Experienced communicator with a track record of taking ownership of a problem to deliver a solution. Working within an Agile environment and an understanding of TDD and BDD would be preferable.
- Ability to lead and be a focal point for more junior devs.