Head of Structured Finance
- Maidstone, England, United Kingdom Maidstone England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Arc Ratings
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
ARC Ratings, S.A. is an international credit rating agency based in Europe, headquartered in London and registered with ESMA. Amalgamating the know-how and background of five experienced agencies on four continents, ARC takes advantage of its global reach, local expertise and network-based approach to best serve issuers and investors by assigning stable credit ratings that optimally identify credit risk. ARC Ratings addresses the need of global capital markets for a stronger competitive environment in the credit rating business. ARC is currently looking for a Head of Structured Finance to join its fast growing Structured Finance team based in Maidstone, Kent.
- To contribute to the oversight and building of all ARC Ratings Structured Finance rating analysis and methods.
- To pro-actively meet with prospective issuers and investors in the Structured Finance sector and attend relevant conferences
- To oversee the writing of rating reports
- To write and develop Structured Finance methodologies
- To train employees of ARC Ratings in Structured Finance ratings and to procure the recruitment of additional analysts upon the Company’s request.
- Work on regulatory matters pertaining to Structured Finance accreditation in Europe
- Supervise and manage the corporate and structured finance analysis teams
- To chair rating panels
- Ascertain and identify improvements to the quality of ratings methodologies and ratings processes, while strengthening the globally accepted best practise into the Company’s operations.
The structured finance sector includes (in whatever jurisdiction) any securitisation, any covered bond, and structured bond, any secured bond, credit linked securities, any asset backed funding vehicles/programmes, structured credit/equity, preference shares, hybrid equity, subordinated debt, structured arbitrage vehicles/programmes, project finance transactions, and any other type of structured transactions not specifically mentioned above.
- Analytical skills evidenced by experience in an analytical or similar role
- Previous Structured Finance experience
- Strong quantative skills
- Cash-flow modelling / spread sheet creation skills – High level of ability with Excel
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English
- Ability to communicate well with senior management
- Pro-active, self-motivated professional, who works well in a team environment, as well as on an individual basis
- Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously and work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and to work to deadlines
- Ability to travel across EMEA on a regular basis as required