FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
My client is a lending brand focused on property finance. They are urgently looking for a Risk Officer to come in and proactively provide Risk management Advice.
Purpose of role:
To be responsible for ensuring that significant emerging financial, operational and reputational risks are identified at an early stage and for advising senior management on appropriate risk mitigation. The role will build risk and control awareness by helping senior managers embed robust risk management across all areas of the business.
* Proactively providing risk management advice, proactively identifying emerging risks and advising the Board on appropriate risk management options
* Reporting on key risks, including agreeing mitigating controls and escalating other risks (e.g. in relation to specific deals)
* Overseeing risk reporting to the Board on risk management best practice
* Conducting reviews of current or emerging high risk and high profile activities,
* Helping managers at all levels across the organisation ensure that risk management is embedded at an operational level and that staff at all levels are aware of and manage risk as a core part of their responsibilities
* Providing early risk management advice to the Board and senior managers on new or unusual activities
* Advising or training staff at all levels on core and on-going risk management issues (e.g. anti-fraud practices, the identification of 'red flags' and the importance of customer due diligence).
* Proven track record working at a senior level in a complex, commercial environment.
* Prior risk advisory, compliance, legal, audit or corporate governance experience at a senior level is a requirement for the role
* Proactive and self motivated with excellent communication and influencing skills, particularly at Board level; Ability to anticipate issues, identify solutions and provide clear guidance
- Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick