Technical Consultant - PaaS Operations
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
A devops team highly skilled in application development, networks, virtualisation & continuous delivery spear-heading change within the company. We have been working with Cloud Foundry since March 2014, offering multi datacentre NonProd & Production environments. Our core strengths drive innovative & automated solutions via self-service options to our customers.
- Engineer all aspects of the platform & services
- Consult all teams, Product Owners, technologies & opportunities
- Pair program, every day
- Test driven development
- Challenge the status quo
- Collaborative, transparent friendly working environment
- Daily standups, weekly retros
- Visibly involved in Cloud Foundry usergroups/Summits
Experience and Qualifications Required
What are we looking for ?
- A strong developer with significant knowledge of at least 1 programming language in either Java, Ruby or Go and an eagerness to learn others.
- A responsible engineer who views TDD & software engineering as a 'craft' with experience or special interest in 'infrastructure as code' through automation & continuous delivery.
- A versatile technical engineer who has knowledge of BASH, command line scripting, with some exposure of networking, virtualisation & security having deployed to cloud environments.
- A team player who is confident to challenge, eager to share knowledge & extend capabilities into new technologies.
- A trusted advisor who is forward thinking, supportive of successful delivery & achievement comes from collaborative team effort with strong communication skills.What makes you stand out from the crowd ?
- Experience of vSphere, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, Azure
- Experience in PaaS technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku or similar
- Experience of BOSH
- Experience of Redis, RabbitMQ, Cassandra
- Demonstrable strong knowledge of XP
- Proven eagerness for continual personal development