Technical Consultant - PaaS Operations
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
A devops team highly skilled in application development, networks, virtualisation & continuous delivery spear-heading change within the company. We have been working with Cloud Foundry since March 2014, offering multi datacentre NonProd & Production environments. Our core strengths drive innovative & automated solutions via self-service options to our customers.
Who are we ?
A devops extreme software programming global based team responsible for engineering & supporting various cloud based services spear-heading change within the company to enable successful cloud adoption using AWS & Cloud Foundry.
What we do -
- Core team mantras are automation - self service - innovation
- Engineer & support all aspects of Cloud Foundry, AWS based services through continuous delivery pipelines in a multi-tenant Production enterprise environment.
- Pair program, every day using test driven development
- Challenge the status quo & deliver high quality MVPs
- Collaborative, transparent friendly working environment
- Daily standups, weekly retros.
What are we looking for ?
- A strong development or infrastructure engineer with hands on experience of Cloud Foundry or other Platform as a Service technologies across different clouds (off/onprem) proficient in either Ruby or Go, with at least 2 other different languages e.g Python & Java, focusing on delivering services that are loosely coupled, highly scalable & coded to cope with failure at every level.
- Excellent knowledge of creating & managing continuous delivery pipelines enabling continuous integration using test driven development with high coverage in a multi-tenant, full stack Production enterprise cloud configuration where rolling intra-day upgrades are BAU, security & audit requirements are met by default.
- The ability to translate business requirements into realistic architectural designs, offering pragmatic, cost effective options founded from experience of creating & developing secure enterprise cloud services.
- A responsible engineer who views TDD & software engineering as a 'craft' with experience or special interest in 'infrastructure as code' through automation & continuous delivery.
- A versatile engineer who has exposure of networking, virtualisation & all aspects of security having deployed to multiple cloud environments.
- A team player who is confident to mentor more junior members & train others. - Comfortable working with application developers to adopt cloud native principles. Eager to share knowledge & extend capabilities into new technologies.
- A trusted advisor who is forward thinking, supportive of successful delivery & achievement comes from collaborative team effort with strong communication skills.
- This role requires some travel - typically to China & India at least once a year.
What makes you stand out from the crowd ?
- Sound knowledge of BOSH, services such as Redis, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, MySQL
- Working knowledge of AWS to deploy & manage services, applications & security via automation using CI/CD pipelines, Terraform & Ansible.
- Demonstrable strong knowledge of XP & agile
- Proven eagerness for continual personal development
- Published work or code - presence within the open source community.