Training Manager - Retail Operations
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
This is a key position in a challenging department which is constantly expanding. The successful self-starting candidate will be responsible for managing training to the Personal Investing and Pension businesses as a whole but with the main focus being on staff in Retail Operations in particular. The role will either personally deliver training, technical or soft, referring to business and administration training needs, with an emphasis on delivering excellence customer service and experience.
Purpose of your role
The role requires the individual to be involved in definition, creation and delivery of training courses, making this a varied role. You will also be required to ensure we have a cohesive approach to training and coaching whilst ensuring that training in India in the mirrored Operations teams is totally consistent with that carried out in the UK.
The training to be delivered is of a technical regulatory and product nature, and is delivered via induction or workshops (specific product, role biased, regulatory or technical training). However, training will also be required to be delivered to support project initiatives within the Operation areas and in particular around improving customer experience.
In addition, the role requires the individual to support the Training & Competence (T&C) scheme by continuing to identify in-scope staff, further develop the documentation to support the scheme and to provide qualification guidance where appropriate. This means that the individual will need to ensure staff and management are aware of the requirements to achieve and maintain competence. This also means reviewing the scheme, qualifications and documentation periodically and to work with Compliance in the development of a consistent approach to T&C across FIL in both the UK and India.
Where appropriate, there will be the need to act as a liaison with the UK Client Services Business Training who also provide training to the Retail teams. This may be in relation to 'soft skills' training e.g. Think Customer/Differently, Train the Trainer, etc. or tailored management development training for certain levels.
The individual will also be the promoter and main contact for staff in the area of professional examinations.
Finally the individual will need to ensure that relationships with key stakeholders, and 'customers' is maintained and that training delivered supports the overall customer service goals.
- Providing high quality training to Operations staff to improve performance, skills and customer service
- To identify training needs of staff and monitor progress
- To ensure all training is delivered in a professional and compliant manner
- To ensure training records are maintained and kept up to date
- To ensure a consistent level of training is delivered across Retail Operations
- To ensure regulatory and compliance driven initiatives are delivered
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proven track record in Training Management
- Preferred understanding of mutual fund, pension, and insurance related products
- Proven track record in developing and delivering customer services related training programmes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and allocate work load
- Well developed relationship management skills
- Proactive 'self-starter'
- Experienced communicator/with strong influencing skills
- Training specific qualifications an advantage