Asset Manager - Manchester
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
Asset Manager - Manchester
At a glance
The Relationship & Asset Management Department is made up of two function groups: Relationship Management and Asset Management. RM focuses on the long term, pursuing the commercial consolidation and expansion of client relationships while seeking to strike an appropriate balance between the interests of the client and ACF. AM focuses on the correct and prompt performance of daily operational tasks relating to finance contracts and asset management. Asset Management ensures that the correct valuation and finance principles are applied to pledged or assigned trade receivables, purchase orders, inventories and fixed assets. In doing so, RM & AM are bound by the laws and regulations governing financial service providers, by the policy of ACF in the relevant country and by holding company policy.
Be responsible for the implementation (factoring) of agreements for the assigned clients in order to determine the correct basis for the finance availability and insolvency risk cover, thus providing on a daily basis for both asset monitoring and management of the risks associated with the assigned clients, aimed at optimising services and client satisfaction.
- Client Risk Management - Maintains contact with the client regarding possible issues arising from the financeability of the client's respective agreement.
- Client Start-ups - Undertakes start-up (take on) interviews with new clients, informing them about the accounting processes and procedures within ACF.
- Asset Analyses - Assesses whether submitted invoices conform to the applicable finance guidelines.
- Asset Audit & Follow-up - Independently carries out recommendations of stock and/or receivables audits held at clients.
- Client Satisfaction - Handles enquiries and complaints from clients, or ensures that they are dealt with by the appropriate person or department within the organisation.
- Portfolio Monitoring/Screening - Periodically analyses the clients for which he/she is responsible against relevant asset based policies and client agreements.
- Networking - Close cooperation with Relationship- and Client manager as well as Operations department for existing clients, sales for new clients (start up).
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing. The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on our client's success. We want clients to perceive us as a trusted partner, professional and ambitious - our core values. At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition. We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing Global Markets - Sales & Trading, Escrow & Settlement, and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
- Knowledge of business accounting at Bachelor level.
- Knowledge of business accounting, factoring, finance, risk management, credit management.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations of the financial services industry, credit processes and lending, the internal organisation department vision, objectives, strategy, structure and clients.
- Interpersonal skills to build and maintain constructive and beneficiary relationships with clients, stakeholders and involved parties.
- Writing skills to formulate advice and reports.
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee.