Big Data Senior Engineer
- GBP53064 - GBP61907 per annum
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
At Lloyds Banking Group, our vision is to be the best bank for customers, colleagues, communities, and shareholders. Working for us means you'll have a role that matters in helping Britain prosper, and the opportunity to join us as we embark on the next stage of our strategic journey to support the future needs of our customers as we enter a period of technological evolution and a rapidly evolving regulatory environment.
We will invest £3 billion over the next 3 years in our strategic initiatives, and our Transformation Programme is one of the largest programmes in the Bank and a key vehicle for the Bank to accomplish its vision and become a pioneer in the way digital technologies and experiences service our customers across channels.
We currently have an opportunity for a Big Data Engineer within the Information Management directorate of Group Transformation. As a senior technical expert within this field, you'll get a chance to work with and coordinate a technical community, including other Engineers on a wide range of projects - sharing your knowledge expertise through consultation and coaching whilst also delivering a functional service.
Together we'll make a difference….
Your accountabilities will include;
* Acting as a design authority within own technical expertise area.
* Responsibility for the quality checking and standard of deliverables within individual area of responsibility, advising and leading engineering teams to produce technically compliant deliverables at all times.
* Being a technical expert within a single application or multiple application context.
* Contributing to the technical capability development of area
* Providing specialist knowledge to input into the strategic direction of applications, technologies, tools or business processes ensuring the integrity of technical applications and technology is maintained at all times
We'll be looking for your knowledge of Big Data tech (ideally Hadoop/Hortonworks) and experience in operating at an enterprise level, preferably within Financial Services, using the following systems:
* Java (J2EE), Scala and /or Python
* Hadoop, Spark, Hbase, Kafka, Storm and/or Hive
* Experience with large scale production databases evidencing delivery data processing solutions
So if you're excited by high-value, large-scale Big Data transformations, and you've the skills and background we're seeking, then do get in touch - we'd like to hear from you…
In return we'll offer you a great package including a performance related bonus, car/allowance, generous pension contribution, 30 Days leave plus bank holidays, a flexible cash pot to spend on benefits and other wider corporate benefits and perks.
We also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you….