Currency Admin Onboarding Analyst
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Currency Admin Onboarding Analyst
Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon Markets can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services.
With over 1000 employees across three continents and $3 trillion in inventory of lendable assets for securities lending (as of December 2016), we pride ourselves on offering clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral solutions by offering innovative services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology and deliver services. We bring together our experts, technology and operational strengths to offer effective solutions that help our clients manage their risk, capital and liquidity needs.
The Currency Hedge Administration service is used by institutional clients who need to Hedge their currency exposures in investment portfolios or share class structures. This action can help to mitigate the impact currency fluctuations have on both investments and investors. On a daily basis the Currency Hedge Administration team process large volumes of high value, high risk and often complex FX transactions on mission critical systems.
The Onboarding role plays a crucial part in this process as it seeks to ensure that all static data setups are in line with client expectations and contractual agreements thus ensuring the integrity of the output data from the outset and throughout the client lifecycle. The ideal candidate will possess a keen interest and appreciation of Foreign Exchange as it relates to rate volatility as well as an understanding of the different types of Foreign Exchange transactions and the risks associated with each.
- Onboarding new and organic clients, ensuring that all required documents are signed and received and that accounts, reports and entitlements are set up prior to the client's scheduled launch date.
- Rigorous testing of client set ups prior to launch to ensure there are no complications and that all outputs are as expected.
- Managing all aspects of daily Onboarding, working closely and developing strong relationships with the key stake holders in CA Sales, Sales Support, Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency and Static Data teams to ensure the highest level of quality, customer service and risk mitigation for the client.
- Maintaining and periodically reviewing Onboarding Procedures and suggesting amendments where appropriate.
- Assisting the Currency Hedge Administration team with daily client hedge processing when necessary.
- Ensuring that all FX transactions that are executed are well controlled and that operational risk is minimised at all times.
- Providing and participating in cross training with colleagues where necessary.
- Acting as first point of escalation and escalating through the chain as appropriate.
- Participating in product development, design of enhancements and system testing as required.
Successful candidates will possess the following (or equivalent qualifiers):
- Analytical Thinking and problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decision Making & Accountability
- Process Improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire for excellence with a conscientious approach
- Proactive nature
- Well organised and able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work without close supervision, organise, manage and prioritise work
- Effective team worker
- Strong client service ethic
- Risk aware
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
The ideal candidate will have had experience within the investment services industry, preferably with a background in Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, or FX operations.
How to apply:
If your profile matches the above requirements and you're looking to develop a career within an award winning investment management firm, please submit your CV via our Careers site.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Global Markets, through its Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC and BNY Mellon Capital Markets EMEA Limited businesses, provides a broad array of products and services for corporate, institutional and high-net-worth investors to choose among various vehicles aimed at protecting principal, providing growth and managing risk.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70547
Organization: MARKETS CENTRAL MANAGEMENT-HR15164
Requisition Number: 1716617
Tags: EFC: EMEA:2-I