Arrow established its independent fund management business and closed its first flagship c.EUR 1.7 billion fund in 2020 and is now in the process of raising its second fund. As part of the growth of this division, Arrow has recently established a new Operations Department. The Operations Department is a critical function to the continued growth and success of the fund business. It aims to provide support and structure to the fund through the deal / fund lifecycle to enable effective management and scalability. As a result we now are recruiting an Operations Manager to join the team. This is a permanent role and can be based at our Manchester or London offices with some home working.
What will you be doing?
The Operations Manager will be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic opportunity to experience direct access to and work alongside senior members of a growing organisation across the legal, finance, investment and operational areas. Accordingly, the role offers an opportunity for wide-ranging experience, progression, and strong performance will be quickly recognised.
The Fund Operations Manager will work closely with key stakeholders within the Fund, external service providers, Arrow Central functions and the Arrow Servicing Platforms across Europe. They will also work closely with the Investment team in the transaction planning and execution of new portfolio acquisitions.The role will include:
- Review and input into the execution of legal documents including for new portfolio acquisitions, origination and securitisation. Documents will include Sale and Purchase Agreements, Servicing Agreements, Cash Management Agreements and Securitisation agreements.
- Managing from an operational point of view in more complex or non-standard transactions, working alongside the wider deal teams, and taking ownership of fund operational actions such as setting up new vehicles or bank accounts and the development and implementation of deal specific operational processes such as the flow of funds, invoicing, governance, reporting etc.
- Responsibility for co-ordinating, managing and reporting on post deal management activities, including:
- Maintaining the Fund Operations priority list and reporting on progress
- Implementing identified post deal management activities
- Ensuring structure and transaction charts are kept up to date
- Managing post deal documentation and liaising as appropriate with any third parties
- Managing the Fund Management system and ensuring it is kept updated
- Tracking and ensuring compliance with interest payment dates and supporting the cash flow movements across the vehicles
- Involvement in other general fund operational matters which may include:
- Project managing items such as the opening of bank accounts, custody accounts, setting up of new entities etc
- Support in reviewing any restructure / cost optimisation steps, and implementation thereafter
- Combining / closing entities
- Managing External Service Providers
- Managing changes in External Service providers and associated onboarding requirements
- Ad hoc projects
- Managing and updating the documents library and library of processes
- General process optimisation and implementation
Is this you?
- Experience in Finance Services (Banking, Accountancy or Fund Management) or Legal Services is essential
- Transactional experience desirable, with knowledge of acquisition, debt financing and/or securitisation documentation
- Experience in Fund Management middle/back Office is desirable
- Extremely organised and able to meet tight deadlines under multiple competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Previously had roles working and managing numerous internal and external stakeholders
- Pro-active; able to organise own workload and identify what needs to be done
- Excellent project management skills are mandatory
- Excellent people and communication skills are mandatory
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required
Why Arrow Global?
Arrow Global Group is a leading European investor and asset manager in the non-performing and non-core assets sector. Operating in five different geographies and servicing over 9 million customer accounts. Our Purpose – building better financial futures.
We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package and we pride ourselves on rewarding success with our excellent bonus scheme and incentive package. We also have interactive subsidised events, colleague engagement teams, employee recognition and development programs and the opportunity to work collaboratively with multiple European countries.
Please note – we are an equal opportunities employer and FCA regulated company - We will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening. (Strictly No Recruitment Agencies Please).