Futures Margins Supervisor
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
See job description for details
We're hiring a Futures Margins Supervisor to join us in Manchester
- This is an opportunity to join the Futures Margins & Cash team in a supervisory role, and to help provide dedicated support to the NatWest Markets Futures business making sure all margin requirements are met, and reconciling all cash movements across futures bank accounts
- You'll have the opportunity to contribute to wider department strategy, as we review our structure, and team and individual responsibilities to best meet the business's needs
- You'll also contribute to our planning for Brexit from a margins and cash perspective, and to transformation work to upgrade the Futures books and records system, including user acceptance testing and feedback
- The role is available at analyst level
What you'll do
This role is a chance to join the Futures Operations department at a time of significant change, to have a tangible impact on our future structure, and to provide expert ongoing support for the Futures business. You'll be line managing the Broker Investigations team, planning coverage, holding one-to-ones and performance reviews, and making sure the team's skills and knowledge are where they need to be. You'll be a recognised subject matter expert on your team, investigating and resolving breaks and complex queries in the day to day work, and signing off the daily supervisor checklist to validate that work has been completed and the control environment is robust.
Your responsibilities in the role will include:
- Actively escalating any breaks across trades, cash and positions to both management and the business, and working to de-escalate
- Acting as the primary point of contact for queries relating to standard team activity
- Maintaining and regularly reviewing all documentation needed to ensure sound team governance, such as skills matrices, training plans, controls documentation, key risk indicators and performance indicators, and more
- Building relationships with stakeholders across locations to make sure the full end-to-end impact of breaks and issues is understood, and the best resolution reached for the business
- Driving the team's efficiency agenda, improving the Futures and Clearing business's STP rate
The skills you'll need
The role is suitable for someone with experience in an investment banking environment, and of people management, with good leadership qualities and the ability to set high standards by example. You should also have an understanding of reconciliations, and will need strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
We'll also be looking for:
- Some prepared to take accountability, with a conscientious and diligent approach, and a control focused mind-set
- The ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities
- The ability to work well under pressure while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Effective delegation skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.