Futures Operations Analyst
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
See job description for details
We're looking for a Futures Operations Analyst to join us in Manchester
- If you're looking for a role with progression opportunities and the scope to develop your skills, joining us as a Futures Operations Analyst in Transaction Management & Operations could be a great career move
- You'll be reconciling brokerage commissions and fees for the Futures business across RBS Plc and RBS SI (US), and investigating breaks
- You'll have the opportunity to get involved in upcoming projects to broaden your expertise
What you'll do
In this role you'll join a growing and developing team, where you'll be reconciling brokerage commission and fees for the Futures business. You'll investigate and resolve all breaks and conduct the subsequent root cause analysis. It's important that you work to meet deadlines, and identify and escalate breaks to mitigate any risks - financial or reputational. You'll also continually support the development of the relationships we have with our internal stakeholders by providing an outstanding level of service.
Alongside this, your responsibilities will involve:
- Working closely with internal teams in the US and India as well as third party brokers externally to reconcile brokerage commissions, demonstrating the ability to work with other teams inside and outside the bank
- Reviewing processes and associated technology to drive increased control, efficiency and client satisfaction
- Significantly broadening your expertise by getting involved in upcoming projects
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with reconciliations experience, combined with strong break investigation experience and problem solving skills. You'll need excellent Excel skills, and an understanding of balance sheet reconciliation and general ledger substantiation would also be desirable.
You'll be expected to rapidly gain a detailed understanding of front to back process flows across the brokerage business and internal systems in order to support the reconciliation process.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Drive and motivation, able to work under pressure, balancing expectations and deadlines
- Experience of using manual databases when dealing with reconciliations
- A strong risk and control focused mind set, as well as some experience working with agent banks to resolve payment issues
- The ability to identify, pre-empt and resolve any issues that arise
As well as this, you'll demonstrate the ability to work through complex flow structures and negotiate direction with business stakeholders and clients.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.