Head of Complex Derivatives & Security Operations
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
See job description for details
Join NatWest Markets in Manchester as our Head of Complex Derivatives & Security Operations
- This role will see you processing complex derivatives, securities and FX money market operations
- You'll be sitting within the wider Global Post Trade Services Management team, and leading a dedicated Manchester based team of specialists
- Working closely with the COO teams, and senior management, you'll be delivering agreed strategic objectives and targets
- This role is available at director level
What you'll do
We'll look to you to support the processing of the daily business flow for complex products, continually improving process efficiency, and enabling the operations to focus on the service delivery of exceptional customer service. You'll also manage and motivate a team, handling resource management, training and development.
You'll help to plan mandatory change regarding ICB and Brexit, and you'll support transformation which will cover supporting new platforms and improving existing solutions.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring operations requirements are delivered
- Providing clear and consistent transparency to all stakeholders to assist with the implementation new products
- Ensuring all risk and control requirements are adhered to, and any issues are mitigated in a timely fashion
- Working closely with our Technology function, vendors, and our front to back teams
- Documenting proposals to gain funding
- Attending all appropriate industry forums and workgroups
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with extensive experience of relevant securities including FX, fixed income, credit and equity, and OTC markets. Along with experience of owning service delivery across complex products and managing a dynamic team of people, you'll have an understanding of market infrastructure and developments.
You'll be capable of influencing and responding to industry and NatWest Markets strategic developments, and you'll have strong commercial acumen with a track record of benefits delivery and cost management. You'll also have the ability to manage and control unit costs within budget.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- Senior leadership experience with a successful track record of influencing and managing senior stakeholder relationships across a diverse geographical area to deliver best outcomes
- A strong track record of managing external client relationships and helping clients through mandatory and discretionary change programmes
- Experience creating a culture that values initiative and freedom of action, recognising and rewarding 'can do' attitudes
- A confident and articulate communication style
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.