M&A - Executive - Manchester
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17 2017-09-19
Job Title: M&A - Executive - Manchester Location: Manchester Salary Level: Competitive
Summary of roles
The M&A team at EY advises on business reviews, acquisitions, disposals, leveraged transactions, financings, takeovers and mergers. In spite of unprecedented market conditions, the team has had a highly successful year. We are seeking to build on this success and grow the origination and execution capacity of the team through the recruitment of an M&A professional at the Senior Executive level.
As a member of an integrated global network of talented advisers you will be working in a dynamic and diverse environment. Through both formal and on the job learning, we will help you develop the skills to become an effective adviser, capable of providing objective and responsive advice to our clients across industries and geographies. We are committed to helping you achieve your potential both professionally and personally.
The role is Manchester based.
Executive Role Description
Responsibilities as an Executive include:
- Structuring and modelling the financial implications of transactions;
- Researching and profiling potential acquisition targets and prospective buyers and presenting the strategic rationale for potential transactions;
- Preparation of client reports and key documentation for fund-raising, acquisitions and disposals including information memoranda, business plans;
- Preparation of pitch documentation;
- Provision of creative solutions to transaction issues;
- Research and analysis of key value drivers at a market and business level;
- Effective communication of findings of work to clients;
- Taking responsibility for own workload and ensuring that all tasks are efficiently completed;
- Keeping the team informed of progress and highlighting any issues (as appropriate) and discussing your conclusions with them;
- Pro-actively building and developing a network of internal and external relationships amongst professional intermediaries, private equity houses, corporate targets and clients;
- Identifying and targeting potential opportunities for both the M&A and wider EY practice and working with senior members of the team to convert these into fee earning engagements.
- Possession of an accounting/finance qualification or similar;
- Strong numerical and financial skills, coupled with a comprehensive understanding of financial statements;
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to apply this to real world situations, demonstrating an ability to analyse market and business drivers;
- Creative in the sourcing and use of information and able to make sensible assumptions where appropriate;
- Confidence to communicate effectively with senior individuals;
- Self-starter and fast learner as well as being able to work effectively in a team;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to work flexibly, managing and prioritising different pieces of work;
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion;
- Ability to absorb new technical information quickly and develop a deep understanding of the strategic rationale for transactions;
- Application of core technical and commercial skills to a variety of situations;
- Sound commercial judgment and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems and 'think on your feet';
- A natural interest in Corporate Finance and the Mergers & Acquisitions market.
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
The right transaction can enhance an organization's growth, competitiveness and profitability. As a transaction professional at EY, you'll help clients evaluate, structure and execute their most important deals. You'll work in a dynamic, forward looking environment, in what is currently the only integrated global transaction business worldwide. You'll have direct contact with clients and gain valuable experience across industries and geographies, learning from top minds in today's transactions arena. We'll help you achieve your potential by giving you leading professional development opportunities.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.