M&A - Senior Executive (Manager)- Manchester
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17 2017-09-19
Job Title: M&A - Senior Executive (Manager)- Manchester Location: Manchester Salary Level: Competitive
Summary of roles
The M&A team at EY advises on business reviews, acquisitions, disposals, leveraged transactions, financings, takeovers and mergers. In spite of unprecedented market conditions, the team has had a highly successful year. We are seeking to build on this success and grow the origination and execution capacity of the team through the recruitment of an M&A professional at the Senior Executive level.
As a member of an integrated global network of talented advisers you will be working in a dynamic and diverse environment. Through both formal and on the job learning, we will help you develop the skills to become an effective adviser, capable of providing objective and responsive advice to our clients across industries and geographies. We are committed to helping you achieve your potential both professionally and personally.
Responsibilities as a Senior Executive include:
- Participation in the execution of transactions across the client portfolio;
- Preparation of client reports and key documentation for fund-raising, acquisitions and disposals including information memoranda, business plans;
- Taking an active role in business development activities including involvement in the preparation of pitch books and other marketing materials and involvement in meeting with existing and target clients;
- Involvement in a number of projects at any one time and manage assignments/work streams and teams reporting to the responsible Assistant Director/Director/Partner;
- Delegation and supervision of work of junior staff;
- Development and use of complex financial models, identifying problems and risks. Production of clear analysis to support client needs;
- Accepting responsibilities / taking ownership of project / part of project. Production of project deliverables and taking ownership of output, coordinating inputs as requested;
- Management of risk issues on all assignments and application of firm's policy in relation to contracts/engagement letters;
- Acting as a day to day contact for the client;
- Taking the lead in key areas in client meetings and contribution on wider issues;
- Liaison with banks, private equity, legal and other advisers on transactions as required;
- Participation in the provision of market leading, relevant and highly-targeted solutions and content-rich thought leadership to clients;
- Contribution to delivery of wider strategic objectives across Transactions, as well as support of and participation in initiatives for growth of the firm as a whole;
- Building a network across industry, private equity, banks, legal and other advisors: a self-motivator who is comfortable taking the lead in contacting and developing new relationships within the wider market place.
The candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Possession of an accounting/finance qualification or similar;
- Recent, relevant experience including experience of corporate finance in an investment bank, professional services firm or boutique;
- A track record of working on both the buy-side and sell-side, as well as finance raising;
- Strong numerical, financial and modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements;
- Proven ability to produce high quality and impactful professional documents for clients and internal use;
- Sound commercial judgment and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems;
- Ability to research thoroughly, and to present information clearly;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion;
- A motivated self-starter who is keen to take on high levels of responsibility;
- Ability to thrive under pressure, work to tight deadlines and work effectively in a team;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of EY and client staff.
Additional skills requirements:
- Strong organisational and team management skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organisations and clients;
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed;
- Committed to business development;
- Strong team player;
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments;
- Ability to work under pressure / tight deadlines;
- Good presentation skills.
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
The right transaction can enhance an organization's growth, competitiveness and profitability. As a transaction professional at EY, you'll help clients evaluate, structure and execute their most important deals. You'll work in a dynamic, forward looking environment, in what is currently the only integrated global transaction business worldwide. You'll have direct contact with clients and gain valuable experience across industries and geographies, learning from top minds in today's transactions arena. We'll help you achieve your potential by giving you leading professional development opportunities.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.