- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
MI Analyst - Contract - Manchester
About the Chief Controls Office
The Chief Controls Office (CCO) is a new organisation in Barclays. It is responsible for leading and coordinating the Control agenda in the First Line of Defence across Barclays covering all operational risks. As a new team with a substantive industry-leading agenda, we are passionate about supporting the strengthening of the control framework at Barclays.
The MI Performance Analyst position is a key role within the Core Governance and Infrastructure (CGI) area of the Chief Controls Office. This role is an integral part of Barclays' increasing emphasis on maintaining and enhancing our controls information and reporting framework, to demonstrate meeting regulatory requirements and delivering on our commitments to stakeholders.
You will work closely with the Chief Control Officers and their teams, as well as the CCO CGI Insights Leads and other stakeholders, to deliver timely, insightful and automated Control MI across Barclays that supports standardisation and consistency.
- Working collaboratively with CGI Leadership and wider CCO teams to build a robust, comprehensive and sustainable Reporting strategy for Barclays' control environment.
- Contribute to delivering accurate, consistent Control MI Reporting solutions to senior stakeholders to satisfy the requirements of Governance forums and regulatory obligations (including Senior Manager Regime).
- Provide detailed management information; summarising the current position, areas of strength, weakness, progress against remediation plans, overall maturity of the control environment and what management support &/or escalation is required.
- Collate relevant MI and create KPIs as requested by other centres of excellence and BU/function-aligned teams (this may include MI required to support conduct risk management).
- Support the reporting on Group controls environment at the Group Level and the Run Key Risk reporting (or version thereof) process.
- Provide standardised, consistent templates for all controls reporting.
- In collaboration with the CCO Transformation programme, help to develop a robust approach to the generation, maintenance and reporting of all relevant Control MI.
Personal Performance & Development
- Taking responsibility for own development needs and ensuring that any Personal Development Plan goals and objectives are met or exceeded
- Promptly and professionally seeking and acting upon all feedback received (both positive and developmental) in order to support continuous personal development
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in 'world-class' analytics, performance management and reporting, to include - tools, processes and systems and external networks in order to further enhance skills and experience. Share best practices, as appropriate.
- Always demonstrating the Barclays 'Values' and playing your part in Barclays' Citizenship agenda.
- Contribute to the CCO CGI leadership and other meetings as necessary.
- Represent the CCO in matters relating to the above defined responsibilities.
- Build and maintain relationships across the business to ensure stakeholder input is incorporated into transformation programmes/projects. Ability to manage a highly complex matrix of stakeholders at a senior level both within the ServCo, Functions and Trading Entities is key.
- Provide support for effective interaction with all global regulators on CGI change.
- Experience with SQL Server/Oracle/TERADATA/Other RDBMS.
- Experience in at least one of the following:
- Developing automated control MI and/or analytics that assess and report on controls effectiveness using tools such as SQL & VBA.
- Building MI data warehouses including automating data loads using tools such as Informatica and/or Ab Initio and implementing appropriate data governance controls.
- Demonstrates a consultative, yet pragmatic approach with integrity to solving issues, focusing on areas of significance and value to the business.
- Experience of influencing and building effective relationships with a diverse range of senior stakeholders.
- Delivery focused, with high level of attention to detail, the ability to instil confidence in leading your workload.
- Strong Communication skills in English both verbally and in writing.
- A strong understanding of risk and control environment, including understanding of second and third line functions and impact across people, process and technology.
- Understanding of industry risk & control tools and systems such as ORAC, Synergy & BRES.
- Financial services industry knowledge.
- Experience implementing and operating change controls and QA over MI production.
- Experience creating and maintaining an MI portal for simple, one-stop access.