Position Management Associate
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Join us at NatWest Markets in Manchester as a Position Management Associate
- In this role, you'll join a new team at an exciting time as you'll monitor and make decisions based on the liquidity of securities and cash to reduce our day-to-day liquidity usage
- As a Position Management Associate, you'll share responsibility for monitoring credit line facilities, optimising the use of available cash and securities collateral, and ensuring the timely settlement of trading activity on value date in the local markets is not impacted
- With your team, help to shape the future and become an SME in this arena
- This role is offered at Associate level
What you'll do
Your role will involve working with Treasury to best utilise intra-day buffers and credit lines to facilitate settlement across our security and nostro venues. You'll provide effective credit line monitoring and maintenance, and challenge the existing cash and asset process.
Through the course of your work, you'll:
- Monitor and coordinate funding requirements
- Facilitate intra-day balance reconciliation, substantiation, investigation and reporting
- Support industry change and development within NatWest Markets
- Provide front office liaison for strategic and process change
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll bring specific business and technical knowledge, including:
- Front to back investment banking knowledge, including either fixed income, equities or derivatives business and FX
- Project delivery experience, with an astute attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- An awareness of controls and operational risk, in particular in a Treasury environment
- Good systems knowledge, including Euclid, Intellimatch, TLM and Excel
We'll also look to you to bring:
- Experience of nostro funding and reconciliation
- An understanding of collateral requirements
- The ability to rationalise data and make informed decisions
- The ability to co-ordinate stakeholders to reach a solution
- The ability to challenge processes and assess options for change
- Strong communication skills with the ability to inspire trust in others
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 15% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.