Regulatory Change Senior Manager/Director
- Location:Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:17 Jul 19
My client, a renowned Insurance institution, is currently looking to recruit experienced professionals with an excellent background in Regulatory change. You’ll be joining the regulatory change team, helping to deliver assignments across the organisation. The ideal candidate will be a Project/Programme management professional with an excellent change management track record. Locations: Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham
- Leading large regulatory change engagements
- Advising on the impact of the changing regulatory landscape on business models and support the organisation through the change
- Supporting subject matter experts in a range of interesting programmes
- Running workshops on a range of regulatory issues including: Conduct Risk; remediation activity; SMCR; Governance Risk and Control; and management of regulatory relationships.
- Delivering Section 166 reviews and reporting to the FCA as part of a wider team.
- Active mentoring, coaching and development of colleagues
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of the Supervisory Framework including SMCR
- Knowledge of the FCA’s approach to conduct risk and related issues across the industry
- Exposure to the impact of technology and innovation on business models and regulatory compliance response to those changes
- Ability to credibly engage with and influence senior stakeholders
- Have or be studying towards an industry recognised qualification (e.g. CISA, FPC, IMC, CFA etc.)
- Regulatory / Operational Experience of COBs (inc MCOB, ICOBs, BCOBs)
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills
Experience and Knowledge
- Strong project management skills, evidenced by a demonstrable record of regulatory project delivery
- Understand the role of the regulator and managing relationship with the regulator e.g. on-going supervision, risk mitigation and dealing with enforcement.
- Knowledge/ Experience of Governance and Systems and Controls regulation and Principle / Outcomes Based Regulation.
- Experience of working within a professional services firm and time in a regulatory environment (e.g. a regulated firms' compliance department or FCA)
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a world leading organisation known for providing excellent career progression and heavily investing in their employees. For further queries, please get in touch with Hamad Rasool.