Resource Manager - Audit
About the Role As a team, we maximise resource sharing and enable the delivery of PwC to our clients through line of service and cross line of service staffing, forecasting, utilisation, and workload balance while considering development and diversity initiatives.
This is an exciting time for Resource Management as we build on the professionalism of our people and work closely with the business to develop and implement PwC business and people strategy. PwC's Resource Management (RM) team has been centralised to assist the firm in being more agile and providing the right people on the right projects at the right time.
This role will be based in Manchester and will have direct reports. You will have strategic oversight of the deployment of c 250 individuals for our professionals in the Northern Commercial Audit practice, based in our Manchester office. Additionally, you will be working closely with Resource Management colleagues across the Northern Audit team covering the Commercial Audit business of PwC with teams in Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast as well as Manchester.
- Manage the team by optimising headcount, manage/oversee joiners, leavers and secondments, increasing utilisation and being aware of the impact on employee engagement
- Delivering the manpower and resourcing plan by having a deep understanding of portfolio growth plans and headcount required to support these; balancing these with the needs of the individual
- Conducting regular portfolio reviews to ensure maximum utilisation, development and fair allocation of work for each individual
- Interpret and Analyse Management Information (MI) to provide trends, make connections and spot opportunities to improve profitability
- Share knowledge, best practice and network with your colleagues across the business and Resource Management Function
- Support the Senior Resource Manager with recruitment interviews and inducting new staff
- Engage and promote the use of key resourcing systems including
- Profile, Finder, Retain, Career Opportunities and the Resource Tracker to enable effective resourcing
- Deployment and Manpower Planning
- First escalation point for issues that are difficult to resolve by the team of Officers
- Influence and drive the mobility agenda in the business unit
- Look for deployment opportunities and build relationships across all lines of service
- Managing people and their development
- Conflict resolution
- Project management and organisation skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Relationship Skills including communicating and Influencing
- Developing and sustaining long term relationships with key stakeholders in the business, Resource Management and other operational areas
- Communicate with impact using different communication styles
Strategy and Change Management
- Understand the firm-wide strategy, business and resource management strategy and know how to apply it
- Input to the Resourcing objectives and vision for the business unit/line of service
- Influencing and creating a vision for change by championing the delivery of change
- Delivering outcomes that build relationships by taking into account the different needs of multiple stakeholders; balancing the needs of individuals and those of the business
- Anticipating and recognising when conflict may occur and work to resolve these through supporting and escalating if required
Commercial Acumen and Financial Management
- Developing and driving solutions to improve profitability of clients and PwC
- Using data and Management Information (MI), networking internally and externally to advise the business on resourcing options and solutions that help to drive growth and profitability
Team and Personal Development
- Developing yourself and the team by seeking opportunities that stretch and challenge
- Coaching and developing others in the team by providing quality, real time feedback
- Participating in the recruitment process to ensure that new team members are aligned to the new ways of working
Who we are looking for To enable us to deliver our strategy, we want to attract managers from varying backgrounds and industries who have experience:
Not the role for you?
- Delivering business outcomes in a fast paced and changing environment
- Negotiating with senior stakeholders to deliver resourcing and strategic requirements
- Using a commercial mind-set and business acumen, including the use of Management Information to inform decision making
- Be a trusted advisor who provides balanced and pragmatic advice around manpower planning and resource management
- Liaising, influencing and challenging effectively to build relationships at all levels and with multiple stakeholders
- Coaching and supporting Resourcing team members
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity