Security Alert Analyst (UXCC)
- Up to GBP38263 per annum + great benefits and work life balance
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 01 Oct 18
We're looking for talented Security Alert Analysts to join our growing innovative and service-orientated team of Secure Operations Centre Analysts, focusing on the detection and investigation of potential indicators of compromise and malicious activity on one of the largest systems in Europe.
You will be using best in class tooling to monitor system and network performance. You have a critical role to play in protecting the integrity of our systems from both internal and external threat actors. Leading first stage categorization, capturing within system and network logs by using the latest analytical tools. Enabling you to provide all necessary information to Incident Handlers to enable the prompt and accurate in-depth investigation of alerts.
You will have:
* A good understanding of the latest analytical skills, the internal security risks created by aggregated data sets and awareness of SIEM platforms such as Arcsight, Splunk or AlienVault. and their capabilities as monitoring tools
* Experience in categorizing security alerts to identify potential indicators of compromise; where appropriate gathering all necessary information before referring to Tier 2 Analysts for in-depth investigation
* Knowledge and experience utilizing network analysis tools and techniques as defined by organisational processes
* Analytical and detail orientated skills with experience of quickly analysing data across large data sets
* Knowledge and understanding of the concepts of information security, and experience of identifying emerging IT security threats and vulnerabilities
* Experience of working in an operationally-focused delivery team, with an ability to summarise and describe technical issues to non-technical colleagues and to manage multiple priorities, responding flexibly to competing demands
UXCC provides support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you will work a continental shift pattern (including night shifts). Work may include travel to different DWP sites and government agencies with occasional overnight stays.
You must be willing to undergo appropriate security clearance (DV).
No two days are the same. It's a dynamic environment where the pace of change is immense.
Where you'll work
We have easy-to-reach digital hub, a modern and vibrant workplace, designed for and by our community in Manchester.
In return for your skills we offer a competitive salary of up to up to £38, 263, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We have a fantastic benefits package built around your work-life balance including flexible working, charitable giving, discounts on shopping and fun days out, and lots more.
And we'll give you an interest-free loan to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in your ability.
You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you'll acquire on the job, as well as the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across the tech community and via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information click apply or contact .uk
Your contact will act as an expression of interest, and we will quickly get back to you with a full job description and details on how to formally apply.