Senior Consultant, Data and Information Governance Consultant, Consulting, Manchester
Your opportunity Take your career to the next level by joining one of the world's best and most recognised professional services firms.
Within Deloitte's Analytics and Information Management (AIM) capability where we imagine, deliver and run innovative solutions to help our clients develop and maintain trustworthy data, which supports business decisions and helps them maximise the value and opportunity from analytics, AI and automation. At Deloitte, you will be able to build your career, access the best training and learning opportunities, and develop new skills and hone existing ones. We work for a huge variety of interesting, international, and world-leading clients on exciting technology-enabled projects. We are looking for candidates with a mixture of technical, business, and project-based expertise to join us, working in fast-paced teams with other highly talented, fun and motivated colleagues.
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
Our consultants work in variety of projects to solve clients' toughest data problems by combining industry experience, consulting and analytical skills; with deep understanding of technology and capabilities to create a lasting impact. Whether it is structuring, assuring, managing, developing or delivering technology solutions, we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further. That is where you come in.
Our projects and clients vary greatly and your responsibility will differ slightly based on the focus of the client engagement and your skillsets, but within the data governance capability key responsibilities include:
Your work, your choice
- Working with our clients to understand the data governance needs in their organisation - undertaking requirements gathering, client interviewing, documentation of processes and process assessment, and effectively communicating these to various audiences
- Design and implementation of data governance and information management solutions, and organisation models to deliver the Analytics and Information strategy
- Engaging in both advisory and delivery projects, from defining clients' transformation strategies, to supporting the full lifecycle of delivery projects
- Governance and Data Management process and controls framework design, supporting the wider development and mobilisation of organisations' Data Governance framework
- Assessing the maturity of organisations' existing data governance capability
- Taking responsibility for the development of client deliverables
- Supporting the development of client bids, presentations of proposals and eminence
- Leading workshops and trainings for client education, communication and mobilization
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Deloitte is based in offices in Spinningfields, Manchester. Your primary focus will be supporting the growth of the northern Consulting practice, however, we are a national and international business, so travel will be required.
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements, that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. Your professional experience
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Data / Information Governance principles and familiarity with processes, policies and any of the key vendor platforms
- Experience with Data Quality management, Master Data Management processes and Data Profiling
- Experience with Management Information /BI Reporting delivery processes
- Familiarity with regulatory / statutory requirements impacting; Management Information and Data change management
- Knowledge of process improvement, process design, and business process mapping
- Information architecture, data integration and data modelling
- Business requirements analysis
- Data definition analysis
- Analytics / Data Governance Target Operating Model (TOM) design
Additionally you will have:
- Relevant experience in consulting or industry
- Supported the delivery of relevant projects in Analytics / Business Intelligence / Management Information
- Business analysis of Analytics / Reporting requirements
- Design, vendor selection and delivery experience of Analytics / Reporting solutions
- Be comfortable working within an agile delivery environment
- Good commercial awareness
Additionally you may have:
Your service line: Consulting
- Development of predictive Analytics models
- Metadata management tool experience
- Master Data Management tool experience
- Records and Document Management experience (e.g. EMC, IBM, OpenText, Microsoft, HP, Alfresco)
- Business Process Management experience (e.g. Appian, Pega, Kofax, BeInformed)
- Data Privacy and Protection experience
- Practical experience in Lean Six Sigma or Lean management
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176042