Senior Risk Oversight Manager
Join us as a Senior Risk Oversight Manager
What you'll do
- In this high profile role, you'll be empowered to make decisions on day-to-day matters and escalate where appropriate
- You'll have an opportunity to develop and deploy a holistic risk skill set, while acting as the primary interface for our Banking & Lending department across all risk disciplines
- This is a fast paced and varied role which will provide an excellent platform for progression as well as a continuing focus on your own personal development
As a Senior Risk Oversight Manager, you'll be providing effective day-to-day risk oversight and challenge in respect of how the Private Banking Risk Oversight team generate and preserve sustainable value. You'll be a key contributor in the delivery of the Private Banking strategy, working with business teams and attending respective committees and governance fora.
Other key responsibilities will be:
The skills you'll need
- Supporting and enabling Banking & Lending specific regulatory compliance for Private Banking, in their management of and exposures to risk through engagement with the regulators
- Working with other members in Risk to design and deploy innovative risk strategies that are relevant to Banking & Lending activities
- Making sure the business undertakes regular business reviews of material risk and adherence to policy standards
- Detecting and challenging inadequate or ineffective controls to mitigate risks
- Providing regulatory advice and operational risk oversight to business initiatives, projects and strategies
You'll bring a comprehensive understanding of consumer financial services sector, specifically franchise, function or services risk management with particular knowledge of and experience in the respective area. You'll also need a strong understanding of relevant conduct and regulatory compliance aspects of banking and lending across wholesale and retail businesses, including relevant FCA Rules.
Compliance and conduct experience would be ideal.
On top of this, you'll demonstrate:
- Knowledge of banking and lending products
- Experience of working within change and transformation programmes
- A strong understanding of the operational risk aspects of a franchises and functions environment
- The ability to work collaboratively with and influence stakeholders including executive level
- Strategic thinking and the ability to simplify complex and conflicting tasks and policy positions, making sure these are effectively managed and communicated