Surveillance Manager, Commercial & Private Banking
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom Manchester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
See job description for details
Join us in Manchester as a Commercial & Private Banking Surveillance Manager
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven professional to join us in Compliance & Conduct, contributing to key deliveries during a time of critical change
- You'll be enhancing the RBS profile by ensuring that the Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Surveillance Frameworks are properly implemented, so that a surveillance 'centre-of-excellence' is developed and maintained
- Hone your existing analytical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
- This role is available for a period of five months
What you'll do
You'll be helping to drive the team forward towards a next-generation surveillance function, blending pro-active monitoring and deep-dives with refined and enhanced reactive alert analysis. You'll be contributing to a robust second-line defence against market abuse and misconduct risk, with keen awareness of where controls fit into the wider risk and control framework.
You'll also be:
- Owning and delivering key change items to build-out the CPB Surveillance Frameworks
- Maintaining an awareness of key EU and FCA regulatory updates, and analysing their impact upon the monitoring controls programme
- Supporting the wider team to perform detailed analysis to detect patterns, trends, anomalies and schemes in transactions and relationships across the bank and our clients
- Preparing reports to senior management and stakeholders to raise awareness of surveillance findings
- Providing recommendations to stakeholders following monitoring review findings
- Liaising with senior stakeholders to win engagement and to drive forward the implementation of the Surveillance Frameworks
- Conducting and refreshing risk assessments of underlying businesses, risks and control
The skills you'll need
You'll need to be proven financial professional, with strong experience in compliance or financial markets, and the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders and mentor team members.
You'll need experience of successfully delivering change projects, and you should have experience of running effective trade surveillance and communications surveillance teams, or implementing sophisticated controls via a risk assessment-driven framework. A strong understanding of financial market products and conventions is very important, with equities being a key focus.
You'll also need:
- Broad knowledge of the UK regulatory framework including an excellent understanding of the FCA principals and Market Abuse Regulations
- A strong desire to deliver successful outcomes, taking ownership of tasks and driving them forward to delivery
- The ability to independently design pro-active control models around emerging risks
- Experience creating and documenting new procedures and processes, including rolling out training to your team
- A high level of operating flexibility and the ability to shift focus quickly
- To be naturally inquisitive with the ability to investigate
- The ability to interact successfully with senior stakeholders across multiple business lines
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.