Tax Advisor - TCRM
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Job Title: Tax Advisor - TCRM Location: Manchester Salary Level: Competitive
Would you like the opportunity to work at EY, in our leading Tax Controversy and Risk Management Team? The TCRM team is looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people to join us to continue to grow our business. Based across the M62 corridor, the successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with a wide selection of clients, who have varied and sometimes complex tax situations to address.
Professionals in our award winning team work with clients to help them manage transparency and reporting obligations, including preparing a tax strategy / policy, evaluating how tax risk is managed in the business, supporting businesses to prepare for SAO certification, preparing for a HMRC Business Risk Review and developing testing programmes to ensure controls are operating effectively. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
The team also support businesses in effectively managing enquiries through to a resolution, including the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution and litigation.
Key responsibilities in the role of Tax Advisor:
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Assist colleagues to achieve successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
Skills and Attributes required for the role of Tax Advisor:
- Experienced tax practitioner or HMRC Inspector
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Working towards ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA or HMRC equivalent
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.