As a Barclays Technology Sourcing Manager you will be responsible for one of six key technology subcategories, managing commercial deals in excess of £2.3bn annually. You will work collaboratively and strategically with the internal teams sitting within Procurement, Legal and SME functions, and with external suppliers, to deliver high quality products and services. Executing deals in Global Technology Infrastructure Services (GTIS) will be essential within the Datacentre and Hosting category.
What will you be doing?
- Commercial modelling to achieve best in class deals across the category, conducting engagement and communication with suppliers across spend categories
- Negotiating new contracts
- Being a technical expert and sourcing SME for your spend category, utilizing your understanding and experience across the full suite of sourcing tools and techniques
- Understanding the commercial value drivers over a medium term timeframe with a good knowledge of competitors and current industry practices
- Making decisions and setting direction with stakeholders whilst driving continuous improvement and innovation
- Owning projects and driving their conclusion by positively influencing stakeholders to work in collaboration
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of hands on delivery of strategic IT sourcing projects
- The ability to demonstrate sourcing experience and knowledge within IT
- A firm understanding of datacentre and hosting vendor base – IBM, Dell, VMWare, Oracle, AWS, Azure, HPe, Equini
- Experience in leading a number highly complex RFPs
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience with Datacentre & Hosting related projects, such as Infrastructure, Mainframe, Middleware & Midrange Software and Co-location agreements
- Financial Services experience
- A background in supply chain/value chain design
Where will you be working?
There is flexibility for this role to be based in either Manchester, Radbroke, Northampton or Glasgow.