VBA Support Engineer
Why is this role the next step for you? In this role you'll provide on-going support of critical VBA-based financial operational systems.
How will you contribute on a day-to-day basis?
- Work directly with an onshore/offshore IT support team responsible for operational performance of critical financial systems in the form of many macro-based spreadsheets.
- Level 2/3 responsibly and line of business point of contact responsible for daily and month-end billing cycle process.
- Continuously provide SME knowledge to promote the operational health and monitoring of production environment of corporate systems
- Demonstrate ability to meet or exceed organizational KPI metrics for MTTR, Problem, Incident, Service Requests ticketing and quality assurance.
- Support production escalations and manage issue through resolution to stabilize operational environment(s).
- Perform L2/3 analysis and engage directly with IT organizations (including, Development, Infrastructure and Database teams) to provide root cause, recommendations and resolution planning.
What will make you the right fit for the team?
- Bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years of experience in IT support and experience
- Very strong MS Excel / VBA experience
- Proven ability to troubleshoot application issues in a complex production environment
- Passion for recognizing and solving problems to deliver actionable business insights.
- 3 years programming experience using Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Excel and Access, SQL
- Excel Macro Scripting expertise using VBA
- Proven ability to support bespoke solutions to a high quality using appropriate technologies
- Proficiency with developing automations using Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Automations, and/or other Robotic Process Automation platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and with tact and diplomacy when appropriate
- Ability to deliver results and targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and the ability to work on their own initiative while being a strong team player
How is Worldpay changing the world? Worldpay has merged with Vantiv Inc. to build a new global leader in payments. The new Worldpay will have the scale, the reach and the resources to take our success story to another level. This move allows us to expand further into fast-growing markets, deliver innovation at scale and above all, brings together extraordinary talent and a shared passion that will help propel us forward to the next chapter of our collective story.
Our technology enables billions of payments to be made each year whether online or in person. Working with customers large and small we help them to take payments quickly, safely and deftly, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process.