- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Credit Risk Analyst where you will be part of the Risk team based in Milton Keynes.
Making banking easier for all of our customers
The team support the overall development of regression models for forecasting including IFRS9 and econometric models. Most of the day to day work involves, focusing on new & existing techniques to improve the modelling experience and make necessary enhancements to the model components. The team is currently involved in stress testing and provisioning models, development projects bearing in mind new regulatory standards.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Credit Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
- Conducting analysis within a project, generally under close guidance of manager or senior analyst
- Building, monitoring and updating detailed predictive models for how the bank's credit portfolios will respond to changes in the economy
- Communicating with the local business units to help improve the models and make sure they are well understood
- Supporting the model validation and governance process
- Supporting improvements in the modelling approaches being applied
- Helping build large scale models and data manipulation using SAS
Minimum skills and experience required
- Numerate individual who can manage complex data (background in a numerical discipline; maths, economics, physics)
- Problem solving - in any development roles these are going to be essential
- Communication skills - have to get the models written up
- Attention to detail - dealing with complex processes
- Understating of financial services
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.