- Negotiable GBP
- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Grow with a company that puts customers first
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Architect to join our team based in Milton Keynes. The Data Architect will be responsible for maintenance of the development servers, this will include upgrading software and installing patches and researching and installing new software in line with the development needs of the team.
You will be helping design and model changes to the existing data warehouse in addition to designing database structures for new and future remediation projects. The Data Architect will govern all development taking place across the team, this will include the regular review and documentation of development best practices in addition to code reviews, policing of live code deployments and also optimising new and current database structures.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Data Architect your main responsibilities will be
- Supporting the Development Management Team to produce and spec build estimates, identifying resource and technology requirements
- Actively identify improvement opportunities and process improvements in development delivery
- To expand the current data warehouse to plug data gaps and support new reporting requirements. Design and implement data solutions to increase efficiency and reduce manual effort
- Understanding the business requirements and pro-actively respond to demonstrate added value through data analytics
- Importing data from source systems and profile - highlighting gaps and risks associated to data quality
- Maintaining current and designing new ETL frameworks
- Continuously review and challenge of data and reporting framework, recommending more effective ways to store data and present information
Minimum skills and experience required
- Team leadership experience, specifically oversight of SQL developers and governance of the development framework
- Extensive SQL Server experience; coupled with substantial experience of configuring servers/ development environments.
- Extensive Data warehousing and modelling experience specifically Kimball methodology
- Advanced Excel skills, Experience with reporting tools - Tableau & SSRS
- Extensive MS Analysis Services (Both Tabular and Multidimensional)
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private Medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.