Data Protection Consultant - Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom Milton Keynes England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Make banking better in a role where no two days are the same The Data Protection team have an exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Consultant to join our team in Milton Keynes.
The job holder will use a risk-based approach to provide advice and guidance to support the business in complying with Data Protection and associated legislation and codes of practice across Santander in the UK, building strong relationships with internal and external business contacts.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Data Protection Consultant your main responsibilities will be to
- Be a subject matter expert within the Data Protection "centre of excellence" providing technical guidance and advice on the requirements of data protection legislation and policy to the business in respect of projects, new product proposals including and BAU activities, establishing any risk areas and mitigating actions as required, working with the business to develop appropriate solutions to identified issues
- Provide oversight and guidance to the business working with them to ensure that they are identifying the root cause of any data protection issues or breaches and are putting in place appropriate steps to mitigate any risks
- Interpret and analyse legislative developments and guidance from the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and other bodies identifying the impact on Santander and any action required
- Provide training and coaching to the business on all areas relating to data protection including raising awareness of any external activity including action taken by the ICO
- Provide MI and reports for senior management and the business as and when required
- Analyse and provide specialist advice on new business projects, identifying any data protection risks for Santander UK
- Liaise with allocated business areas (business partner) building up an excellent relationship and understanding of the business to ensure that all data protection matters are appropriately addressed and supported
Minimum skills and experience required
- Relevant academic qualifications, and recognised data protection experience and / or qualification such as ISEB or CIPP/E is highly desirable or evidence that the applicant is working towards this
- In-depth working knowledge of data protection/associated legislation and ICO guidance as well as codes of conduct and experience in the Financial Services or Legal/Compliance environment.
- Flexible approach and the ability to adapt to variations in workloads and changes in responsibilities and priorities with minimal supervision
- Experience of working in Financial Services or for Financial Services clients
- Understanding of the Regulatory landscape in relation to Financial Services
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private Medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.