Employee Regulation Manager, SMCR
- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom Milton Keynes England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Grow with a company that puts customers first
The role sits within the Legal & Regulatory job family and the job holder will be responsible for ongoing implementation and organisational compliance of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) and other related regulation across Santander UK and its subsidiaries.
The role requires the individual to act as lead on key workstreams in relation to the ongoing implementation and development of the SMCR Framework, together with other linked regulatory requirements. It also involves a high level of interaction with key stakeholders, senior management and subject matter experts across the bank.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As an Employee Regulation Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Ensuring the SMCR framework, standards, and policies are managed effectively and kept up to date, and assesses and manages any risks that may arise within the framework.
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of key SMCR requirements across Santander UK and its subsidiaries.
- Providing support to Senior Managers across the Bank in relation to their regulatory responsibilities.
- Reviewing key regulatory papers relating to SMCR to assess the impact for the Bank and implementation requirements, in conjunction with key business stakeholders
- Working as a broader member of the Regulatory Affairs team to ensure relationships with regulators are managed appropriately, getting involved with other regulatory requests and initiatives as necessary
- Working closely and effectively across the organisation and across lines of business with other key stakeholders in the organisation's relationship with regulators. Forging strong working relationships across the organisation in particular will be important.
- Developing a good awareness of other regulatory interactions (for example with the FCA and other regulators) and support other team members in their interactions and relationship management with these other regulators.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Previous experience of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime an advantage
- Experience in many fields of risk control framework such as corporate governance, conduct risk and regulatory risk.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate complex regulatory issues into comprehensible messages for a range of audiences and levels;
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized manner;
- Strong team player willing to work closely across and with multiple teams where inter-dependencies will be strong and on-going.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private Medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.