Financial Crime Data Assurance Consultant - Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom Milton Keynes England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers We have a great opportunity for a Financial Crime Data Assurance Consultant to join our offices in Milton Keynes.
The role holder will be responsible for executing reviews as part of the Financial Crime Compliance Assurance plan, within the required timescales, and to a high standard. These reviews will typically have a quantitative focus.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It's about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn't enough. That's why we're developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Data Assurance Consultant your main responsibilities will be
- Undertaking independent reviews of key Financial Crime processes and controls, across the UK business, as part of the Financial Crime Compliance Assurance Plan.
- In conjunction with the Assurance Manager, planning and executing reviews in line with Santander's Financial Crime Compliance Assurance Methodology.
- Effectively assessing compliance with Santander's published Financial Crime Policies and Standards.
- Producing high quality reports which clearly highlight identified issues and risks.
- Proposing remediation actions where risks/issues have been identified, and tracking the completion of these actions.
- Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders, across the business, and collaborating with other teams, as required.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Strong working knowledge of the global legislative and regulatory framework for Financial Crime (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand complex data / issues, to extract results and assure findings, alongside strong analytical skills, including advanced statistics.
- Previous experience in an assurance, monitoring or audit role would be preferred, but not essential.
- Experience of working in the Financial Services industry with broad knowledge of corporate products and services.
- Proven process facilitation, project management skills.
- Sound understanding of Bank wide FC frameworks, policies, procedures and processes, bank structure roles, accountabilities and requirements.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.