Financial Crime Manager
- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom Milton Keynes England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Alexander Mann Solutions (Contingent)
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
AMS are currently recruiting a Financial Crime Manager Ideally to be based in Milton Keynes or Liverpool (with flexible working included) with one of the UK's biggest corporate and retail banks. This is a daily rate contract lasting at least until 31/12/2018.
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
With over 150 years of experience, our client has built a strong, international presence, with more branches worldwide than any other bank. Dedicated to making things simple, personal and fair for their customers, their aim is to become the best bank in the UK, and they know they can't make it happen without their people.
On behalf of this client, AMS are looking for a Financial Crime Manager for a 5 month initial contract based in Bootle, Merseyside.
Financial Crime Manager, Corporate acts as principle contact with the business areas in Corporate Banking, providing high quality advisory support and oversight of the financial crime risks and controls. Proactively seeking opportunities to improve the controls environment while working in partnership with the business teams and the rest of the Financial Crime Compliance Function.
As a Financial Crime Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Core support for all financial crime matters (AML, ABC, Sanctions and tax evasion)
- Provide concise and easily understandable financial crime advice and coaching on complex subject matters
- Provides consistent and high quality support to the Corporate business areas, to include mainly non personal customer relationships and those non customer relationships such as introducers, suppliers as required.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in reaching solutions through challenging the status quo and "thinking outside the box"
- Effectively manages financial crime risks and escalates as appropriate in line with organisational and departmental requirements
- Ownership of Retail financial crime dedicated mailbox & BAU queries
Technical Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The role requires an in depth knowledge and practical experience of all aspects of financial crime compliance and the banking sector, its drivers, challenges and market practices
A detailed working knowledge of the UK legal and regulatory framework for financial crime is essential, specifically, the following:
- ML Regulations
- UK Bribery Act
- Terrorism Act
- Sanctions regime
Specific knowledge of Correspondent Banking, Trade, complex Corporate Structures, and Investment Banking would also be beneficial.
The person must hold either a recognised industry qualification in financial crime or the appropriate level of proven experience.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply before Close of business on 05/07/18
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.