Innovation Tax Manager/Senior Manager - software specialist
Job Description Summary:
(This role is based in our Central region and you can be based out of any of the following offices: Milton Keynes, Cambridge or Birmingham but we can be flexible on location)
We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy by supporting our clients to ensure they make the most of the government's R&D tax relief and credits. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and R&D tax advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish. The team consist of Scientists, Software Developers, Engineers and Accountants who all have a core understanding of R&D tax. Job Description: Let's talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you'll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from the R&D tax team.
The minimum criteria
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what's right even when no one's looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. - Lead from the front in-regards to delivering client work, engaging the R&D tax and wider tax teams to ensure correct skill utilisation on all projects.
- Be a part of a team - Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their carer aspiration and support in this delivery.
- Build your brand - Good communication capability to the internal population and the external stake holders to ensure we are always promoting our core values.
A rich background in Software Development, Software Implementation, Software Engineering or equivalent
Experience managing internal or external stakeholders and working within set project timeframes
Ability to talk about software projects and ask key questions to achieve a deeper understanding of the objectives and the work done
Monitoring junior team members work and coaching/career development
This role would suit a candidate who has started their career in software development and then moved onto a more R&D focused role or a project management role Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don't worry if you don't tick every box. It's important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Strong analytical and numerical approach to problem solving
Do you care about the same things we do?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a commitment to producing clear, structured reports
- Strong Excel skills
- Good understanding of technology and the development life cycle of processes and products
- If you are used to writing up large and complex software project requirements this would be a bonus but not a must
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we'll want you to show us how they're important to you, too. Collaboration:
We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out. Leadership
: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects. Excellence:
Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky. Agility:
The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible - changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done. Respect:
A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care. Responsibility
: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people's lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what's right. Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we're also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too. Bring your whole self
Now you've seen our values, it shouldn't be a surprise that we're creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone - regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO There's more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes...the things you do and the people you're with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you'd like to work flexibly, let us know. We're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.