- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
Internal Client Services, Finance, Accounting and reporting assistant / senior asistant, 12 month FTC
- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
We have a number of roles within the Accounting & Reporting Delivery (A&RD) team, part of ICS Finance. The A&RD team is a newly created centralised team of Accountants & Finance Assistants, supporting Service Line Financial Controllers & Finance Business Partners. The team consists of Qualified & Part-Qualified Accountants in both London & Milton Keynes, split into three Sub-Teams based on focus area – Revenue, Cost & Financial Management. Team members will rotate through these sub teams on a regular basis to ensure they are exposed to all competencies.
We have a number of roles within the Accounting & Reporting Delivery (A&RD) team, part of ICS Finance. The A&RD team is a newly created centralised team of Accountants & Finance Assistants, supporting Service Line Financial Controllers & Finance Business Partners.
The team consists of Qualified & Part-Qualified Accountants in both London & Milton Keynes, split into three Sub-Teams based on focus area – Revenue, Cost & Financial Management. Team members will rotate through these sub teams on a regular basis to ensure they are exposed to all competencies.
We are looking for Finance Professionals with 1-5 years’ experience to join our team in Milton Keynes. We will also consider exceptional candidates with less than 1 years’ experience.
Typical tasks include:
• Supporting the month end financial close process, reviewing account balances and preparing associated adjustments or journals
• Managing balance sheet reconciliations
• Liaising and collaborating with other members of the internal finance team and the business
• Financial & system housekeeping activities to maintain strong financial controls
• Supporting the business on revenue recognition and management questions
• Analysing results and preparing commentaries
• Ad hoc analysis and investigation
• Ongoing Continuous Improvement
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Milton Keynes
Full Time, Permanent / FTC
Monday – Friday 9-5.30
Your professional experience
Ideally, candidates will have most or all of the below experience, although we will also consider exceptional candidates who do not meet all of the below criteria:
- relevant accounting experience
- Currently studying towards or planning to undertake a recognised Accounting qualification
- An interest in Management Accounting and a desire to become a Finance Professional
- Positive can-do approach, with a passion for personal development and improvement
Preferred but not essential experience:
• Strong system experience - particularly Excel, SAP or Tableau
• Experience with Continuous Improvement / Process Improvement
Your service line
Internal Client Services At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA. A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. . Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 157162