Middleware Integration Developer, BI & Integration, Internal Services - Milton Keynes/Cardiff
Deloitte is transforming the way it delivers integration, analytics and reporting to enable the business to realise its strategic objects to globalise the firm and digitise the practice.
We are expanding to cover integration and reporting for all North & South Europe (NSE) countries. We are looking for an experienced integration developer who wants to work in this space as part of an internal multi-country function.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
Your role will focus on helping our internal teams architect and develop solutions, which meet business requirements to integrate several applications. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders, including Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Developers and Testers across the whole project lifecycle. You will provide technical direction to other team members and deliver high quality software.
Your work, your choice
- Developing and owning integration solutions from concept, delivery through to support
- Daily monitoring, impact assessment of changes made by various global systems we integrate with
- Ensuring the total design is consistent across multiple areas in a way that supports the delivery of business objectives
- Translating functional requirements into appropriate technical solutions including the completion of mapping specifications
- Accountable for timely deliverables (including code, configuration, documentation, controls etc.) and their quality
- Development and testing of integration scenarios, working alongside offshore developers
- Coordinate activities with both sending and receiving system owners / third parties for the design, build and testing of shared components
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based at our Milton Keynes or Cardiff. Occasional travel to our near-shore team in Europe may be required. Travel to offices other than your base location will be reimbursable in line with standard expense policies.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role is on full-time basis but our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
- The successful will be an experienced technical middleware lead with hands on experience in middleware development
- Experience of developing integrations using PI , MuleSoft middleware a distinct advantage
- Worked on middleware integration with a host of distributed systems in real time and batch mode
- Good experience with web services / ODATA
- Experience with configuring adapters specifically JDBC, SOAP, IDoc, Java Mail, SFTP, File, REST, OData
- Ability to challenge and explore design and delivery plans and apply different approaches to arrive at the most favorable technical options
- Ability to acquire knowledge of business processes, using common business language and translate them into technical requirements and vice-versa
- Experience in working with offshore teams, and being able to demonstrate successful delivery
- Logical, methodical, solutions-orientated person with tenacity and drive
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in spoken and written English
Your service line: Internal Services
- Knowledge of SAP HANA or SAP S/4HANA
- ABAP on HANA, Core Data Services
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176390