Quality Control Analyst - Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom Milton Keynes England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers We have a great opportunity for a Quality Control Analyst to join our team in Milton Keynes.
The role holder will be responsible for providing operational analysis for the second line Financial Crime Quality Control function; performing day-to-day analytics and reviews of operational processes including SAR Disclosures, FIU Investigations, ABC, PEPs and Sanctions referrals. The Quality Control Analyst ensures investigations are performed, and completed, to a high standard through the application of robust Quality Control.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It's about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn't enough. That's why we're developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Quality Control Analyst your main responsibilities will be
- Following the defined QC methodology over investigation processes on BAU operations.
- Performing E2E investigations through reviewing quality of outputs, identifying potential issues and process execution.
- Providing feedback regarding process/system efficiency, and effectiveness, to relevant operational teams and Senior Management to take action accordingly.
- Reporting QC findings to SM Governance & Controls and the Deputy MLRO for further action and escalation, where necessary.
- Supporting the QC & Reporting Manager with the reporting of trends and performance, volume inconsistencies, issues and statistics.
- Assisting in root cause activities on incident management.
- Ensuring correct information is provided as part of monitoring team performance and feeding the analysis to MI reporting, for the improvement of operational teams.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Proven working knowledge of the global legislative and regulatory framework for FC (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
- Experience in a metrics and reporting role; ideally within a Financial Crime context.
- Strong analytical skillset.
- Experience of working in the Financial Services industry either directly or through a provider of services to Financial Services clients.
- Strong process facilitation, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of Santander UK: Bank wide FC frameworks, policies, procedures and processes, bank structure roles, accountabilities and requirements.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.