Why apply for this role? In this high profile role, you will be providing effective 2nd line oversight of Technology related risk. You will be involved in assessing, in depth, the risks in IT infrastructure, Cloud strategy, Data management and Big Data.
You'll be a key member of the team - helping to update Santander's risk appetite for approval by the board, developing risk policies, setting and reviewing risk indicators and evaluating controls.
If you're someone who's performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you'll be doing
- Delivering the oversight, advisory and guidance on new technologies risk.
- Providing in-depth understanding of the technology and risk across Big Data, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, and new technologies in the retail banking digital transformation space.
- Developing effective and collaborative relationship with all 1LoD and Group key stakeholders.
- Maintaining oversight of Data Management risk across Santander.
- Supporting the Head of Cyber and New Technologies Operational Risk to bring together a holistic picture of the technology risk across the bank.
- Maintaining up-to-date in-depth industry and technical expertise in the areas of focus.
What we're looking for
- Expertise and in depth understanding of the risks arising from the deployment and use of Cloud, Big Data, AI and other technology.
- Experience working in, or closely with, IT Risk and/or IT Strategy.
- Understanding of Retail Banking Products.
- Experience working in an oversight function providing technical risk assurance.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement in both IT and Business groups.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.