An excellent opportunity to join Montreux as an investment associate with a remit to include researching, collecting and analysing information which helps the business to make effective and profitable investment decisions This position is based at our Head office in Hampton Court, Surrey.
- Preparing detailed financial analysis on multi sector Montreux portfolio companies & targets, summarising and concluding for presentation onwards.
- Full analysis and summary to board of investment company board packs.
- Detailed multi currency fund analysis for use in investor presentations, investor analysis and prospective investor pitches. Forward looking, historical & impact analysis.
- Preparing and reviewing current and future corporate structures to ensure they are fit for purpose and deliver on their objectives.
- Conducting due diligence on potential investment opportunities.
- Assisting the Head of Financial Analysis in support of his deliverables.
- Conducting detailed sector analysis encompassing review & understanding of all available data sources.
- Preparing complex financial models and forecasts.
- Keeping up to date with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries.
- Reviewing sector reports and other external sources; providing high level commentary & KPI reporting.
- Making recommendations; being able to position ideas and articulate to the investment advisers/decision makers. Presentation of opportunities and support to conclusions.
- Ensuring that all compliance regulations are met.
Academic/ vocational qualifications
- Degree education, ideally in business studies, management, statistics, finance, mathematics, accounting or economics.
- CFA or similar.
Skills, abilities and competences
- Strong excel based modelling & financial analysis.
- Corporate finance & transactional experience.
- Problem Solving.
- Statistical & impact Analysis.
- Financial Planning and Strategy.
- Reporting Research Results.
- Solid understanding of financial set-up, procedures, statistics and economics.
- Strong numeric skills.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Detailed, analytical & results focused.
- Commercial judgement, analysis & recommendation.
- Excellent communication skills & team skills.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, organised and flexible.
- Resilient and decisive.
- Ability to work in pressurised and complex organisation.