Compliance Consultant, SAR Investigator - Carlton Park
- Mountsorrel, England, United Kingdom Mountsorrel England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Turn big plans for your career into action
We have an exciting opportunity for a SAR (Suspicious Activity Reporting) Unit Investigator in our Financial Crime Investigations and Intelligence division.
The Suspicious Activity Reporting Unit receives Suspicious Activity Reports and investigates these on behalf of the Money Laundering Reporting Officer. The department is responsible for decision-making, and making disclosures to the National Crime Agency (NCA). There is personal accountability under The Proceeds of Crime Act for the decisions made on SAR investigations.
The Unit operates under the legislature of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 as amended by The Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005, and the Terrorism Act 2000.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As an Investigator your main responsibilities will be to:
- Investigate and analyse SAR's referred to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) from across the Santander UK product range, including Retail, Business Banking, Cahoot, Cater Allen, Corporate and GCB relationships. Conduct investigations using financial crime knowledge, judgement and decision-making skills, to determine whether grounds for suspicion of money laundering or terrorist financing exist.
- Write case notes detailing investigation activities, findings and thought process, write accurate and detailed reports documenting suspicion which are to be submitted to the National Crime Agency (NCA) and provide clear and concise rationale for investigations where no suspicion has been found.
- Handle requests for consent in accordance with the law, company policy and department procedures to mitigate risks.
- Liaise with the National Crime Agency (NCA) Financial Intelligence Units (FIU's) and Anti-Terrorist Squad to manage accounts subject to NCA control.
- Provide technical support to the bank in respect of product development, procedural changes and general financial crime guidance.
- Take personal responsibility for keeping up-to-date with existing and emerging Money Laundering Typologies and Financial Crime trends and changes to key legislation.
- Keep up to date with current affairs and news stories impacting on financial crime in order to effectively mitigate the risk of Santander facilitating the laundering of criminal and terrorist funds and understand and consider the risks posed by relationships held with PEP/SIP/ST customers.
Minimum skills and experience required:
- Financial Crime or Compliance background.
- Knowledge of criminal law including, Proceeds of Crime Act, Criminal Justice Act, Criminal Finances Act, Serious Organised Crime & Police Act, Terrorism Act (as amended), Fraud Act, Police & Criminal Evidence Act and FSMA.
- Excellent decision making and judgement skills and ability to assimilate and analyse information in a range of circumstances.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A recognised industry qualification in financial crime or the appropriate level of proven experience.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.