DWP. Digital with Purpose. Senior Digital Capability Manager (Delivery Practice): Up to £59,589 pa, 27%+ pension contributions and flexible working
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP Digital is transforming DWP's services by unlocking the potential of leading edge technologies and ways of working. With our partners, we're focused on building and running innovative digital technology solutions that meet and respond to the changing needs and expectations of millions of people. We want to make it quicker, easier and less costly for DWP's customers to get the support they need.
Digital Group is organised into Communities of Practice, which are groups of people with similar or closely related skills, experience and job responsibilities, so they can easily collaborate, share ideas and skills, in order to build their own capabilities and achieve better outcomes.
The Delivery Practice Support Team in DWP Digital is responsible for recruiting, supporting and building capability for a diverse group of 400 delivery professionals including Digital Project Managers, Agile Delivery Managers and Agile Programme Managers. Now is an exciting time to join this team as they work with colleagues across Digital Group to agree a delivery strategy, redefine and clarify career pathways and look holistically at how Digital Group is delivering value and making a difference to citizens.
As the Senior Digital Capability Manager you will be working with two other Capability Managers, three Heads of Role, as well as the Head of Practice and Executive Sponsor to co-ordinate recruitment, learning & development and practice events. You will play a lead role in setting the direction of travel for the practice and providing day to day advice and support to delivery professionals.
You will be responsible for key initiatives, for example the embryonic mentoring scheme, as well as practice communications.
This senior role has a significant measure of autonomy so will be both defining and implementing initiatives to support the DWP Digital Delivery Community to work towards an agreed vision.
This is likely to include:
* Planning for and managing events including cross government events
* Various recruitment activities for permanent and augmented labour resources
* Ensuing various types of learning and development activities are available, undertaken and support the career and capability development of the community
* Evolving and monitoring the practice mentoring scheme
* Communicating with the wider practice and ensuring messages are understood and have the necessary impact
* Management of the wider practice support team.
* Work closely with senior stakeholders to plan, advise, co-ordinate and suggest courses of action to develop the capability of practice members.
* Understanding market needs and demand profile, work with capabilities/practices to develop a strategy for dealing with demand.
* Communicate on a regular basis with a wide range of colleagues and contacts internally and externally to plan and coordinate the deployment of practice members for suitable functional roles.
* Matching and assigning practice members to assignments, succession planning against member availability, ensuring rotation of people to functions.
* Providing a comprehensive event management service, monitoring expenditure form a budget, hosting and post event evaluation.
* Responsible for major decisions affecting the maturing of the Practice. What skills and experience do you need?
A strong candidate will be able to demonstrate the essential criteria listed below:
- Experience of Skills/Capability development to drive enhancements in performance by selecting, proposing, implementing and monitoring appropriate frameworks, approaches and techniques
- Experience of managing, building and uplifting community of practices
- Promote diversity and inclusion and equality of opportunity, respecting individual differences
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to be fully engaged in their work and dedicated to their role
- Experience in influencing stakeholders and effectively managing relationships to build long term relationships in order to deliver business outcomes
Where you'll work
We've just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle. We're just a short walk from Longbenton metro.
Find out more about our Newcastle hub here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/newcastle
We also have all the tech and tools to work flexibly, and many of us are working from home at the moment due to Covid-19.
Responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy, DWP transacts around £170 billion in payments each year, operates out of more than 800 locations and has over 84,000 employees. We run one of the most complex IT estates in Western Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £59,589, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application on our Civil service Jobs page.