Junior Data Engineer-Data Operations Developer, Up to £37,880 + up to 27% great pension+ great benefits +performance related bonus + flexible working + work life balance
Do you have awesome SAS, SAS E-Guide or SQL skills?
Do you know your way around a live production environment?
Can you manage incident management and provide resolutions and fixes when the code fails?
Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we'd love to hear from you!
DWP Digital With Purpose.
If you're creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge.
We're looking for talented Junior Data Engineer- Data Operations Developer to join our growing community of experts in Data as a Service part of the Data & Analytics Directorate, becoming a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
About the role
As a Junior Data Engineer - Data Operations Developer you are responsible for the development and maintenance activities for the delivery of data products and services to meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
You will work within the overall product development Lifecycle Processes within Data Engineering; learning about the agreed Data Architecture and Data Engineering principles and standards to ensure the systems are fit for purpose.
What will I be doing?
You'll manage your own workload in technical and data delivery in the whole development life cycle and service production environment
You'll work with the production team, ingesting new dat asources from systems and data shares from the Data-Warehouse.
You'll ensure all processes are running, maintained and incidents are supported and resolved.
You'll handle deployment, running the production environment, supporting the live environment
You'll translate and communicate technical requirements into action.
You'll be autonomous, flexible and have a desire for self-development
You'll be collaborative within the team particularly in incident management to provide solutions if the code fails and understand the problem in order to resolve it: logging and implementing resolution and communicating the fix back to data management,
You'll engage with stakeholders, data managers and production team.
Corinne our Lead Data Engineer shares our vision and talks about the value of data, how it improves people's lives and what makes a great candidate in our recent webinar on data recruitment……click on the link to watch…
The duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not restricted to :
* Support the live data production stability by implementing fixes and creative solutions to data issues in the live environment.
* Deliver automated components which form part of data production.
* Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of live data services.
* Carry out investigative work or research to identify problems and possible solutions, preventing delivery of robust product ready products.
* Produce comprehensive, reusable code to automate delivery of data services and products.
* Engage with data owners, suppliers, operations and end data users.
* Advising, guiding, negotiating, persuading, discussing and gaining understanding of issues.
* Integrate a variety of source data, using judgement and guidance to determine the appropriate approach. The successful candidate will also have to undertake Security Clearance Vetting before starting the role.
What skills & experience we are looking for?
A strong candidate will be able to demonstrate the essential criteria listed below:
* Able to identify simple patterns and trends.
* Investigates problems and opportunities in existing processes and contributes to recommending solutions to these.
* Works with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits available.
* Designs, develops, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs or scripts under the direction of others.
* Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them.
* Aware of the need to translate technical concepts into non-technical language and understands what communication is required to internal and external stakeholders.
* Can apply knowledge and experience of at least one Programming Language, e.g. SAS, SAS E-Guide or SQL.
Also nice to have but not essential..
It would be a bonus if you hold an ITTL Foundation Certificate but not mandatory.
Where You'll Work
You'll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community. Our central hubs have the best of the city on the doorstep, and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We're the UK's biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £37,800 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
The salary for this role is from £31,208 to £33,448 p.a. Where the maximum salary is offered a Digital Allowance up to £4,432 is available depending on interview performance.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in your ability.
You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you'll acquire on the job. You'll share ideas with colleagues from across the tech community, and grow your skills via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information click apply or contact
To APPLY just click on the link below :