Operations Reliability Engineer: Up to £34,971, 27% pension, hybrid working, flexible hours, investment in your L&D and career growth and lots more…
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Do you have the skills to maintain the reliability of IT Applications used by millions of people?
- Do you love finding ways improve performance of IT systems, maybe through automation and operational insight?
We are looking for an Operations Reliability Engineer to join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital.
We're the UK's largest government department. As we build, modernise and transform services that millions of people use - to get support, payments, advice, and to find work - our digital experts are taking on a massive challenge:
- We have 1bn lines of code in over 12,000 code repos and 90+ programming languages.
- We run around 294 days' worth of testing every day through automation.
- Our APIs receive 173 million requests, and we spin up 280,000 AWS servers every month.
- Over 22 million people - 1/3 of the UK's adult population - access our services daily. Over 100,000 colleagues and agents use the kit, tools and systems we roll out. We're one of the biggest payers in Europe with over £195bn payments made annually.
The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
Our Operations Reliability Engineers work with applications development teams and product owners, to ensure the reliability, performance security and availability of computing platform and applications
You'll work across the full application lifecycle, providing support for 2nd/3rd line incidents, problems and changes to applications.
We help you build the knowledge and skills you need to support our CMS2012 (Child Maintenance Scheme) service, and a number of other established and developing on-line services
You'll have chance to coach and mentor new members of the team and be able to tap into to loads of expertise, coaching, knowledge and support to develop your own skills and career.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- The proven ability to deliver system and process improvements, working seamlessly with a wide range of new services.
- The flexibility to provide out of hours support with weekend working a requirement to fully support the planned programme of sprints and implementations.
- A high level of experience and understanding of Siebel
- Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities including on-line services.
- Proficiency in scripting automations, particularly problem workaround tasks and maintenance and monitoring routines.
- Proven track record of analysing and trending incidents, problems and queries to inform Knowledge Management Process.
- Some experience of working in an Agile environment
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub Newcastle. We're a couple of minutes' walk from Longbenton Metro.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model with a mix of home working and some time in the office.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £34,971.
You'll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth 27.9%.
You'll also get a generous leave package starting at 24 days, rising to 26 days after one year, plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.