DWP. Digital with Purpose. We are looking for a talented Service Manager, working on some of the most complex and exciting projects in the UK Up to £40,666 plus amazing pension and work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a Service Manager to work with us as part of our User Support Services (USS) team, providing data and insights that support the delivery and innovation of 1st line support services to over 100,000 DWP colleagues.
DWP Digital is our community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and our amazing DWP colleagues.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Service Manager, you'll be providing data analytics and reporting that is integral to service delivery and innovation, performance reporting against agreed service levels and utilising digital toolsets to analyse and resolve complex issues.
You'll also be responsible for the delivery of products across the USS function landscape, contributing to the design, development and continuous improvement of information to support the evolving requirements of the organisation and collaborating with other teams to share best practice, knowledge and expertise.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge and experience of Digital Products and Services - experience of a service management framework, i.e. ITIL v3 or above (or an equivalent qualification), with previous demonstrable experience of service management.
- Demonstrable evidence of Service Reporting, i.e. utilises Service Management tooling, such as Service Now to extract & analyse data and produces relevant reports in a standard format to an agreed timeframe utilising DWP standard applications, such as MS Office Suite. Works with key stakeholders to, present relevant data, provide commentary that provides an interpretation for the data set to support informed decisions.
- Demonstrable evidence of Leadership - Ensures colleagues and stakeholders have a clear understanding of objectives, activities and time-frames. Takes into account different individual needs, views, and ideas, champions inclusion and equality of opportunity for all. Consider the impacts of own and team's activities on stakeholders and end users.
- Demonstrable evidence of Making Effective Decisions - Analyse and use a range of relevant, credible information from internal and external sources to support decisions. Invite challenge and where appropriate involve others in decision making. Display confidence when making difficult decisions, even if they prove to be unpopular. Consult with others to ensure the potential impacts on end users have been considered. Present strong recommendations in a timely manner outlining the consideration of other options, costs, benefits and risks.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Manchester, Blackpool or Newcastle, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £40,666 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 23 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.