Corporate Partnerships Pricing Analyst
- Newport, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 21 Mar 19
Corporate Partnerships Pricing Analyst
22 March 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£33,093 - £36,770
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Typically assists Actuaries by undertaking a range of tasks including research, compilation of information, analysis etc. May act as a point of reference for information & procedural advice & queries from other business areas.
This role offers a superb opportunity to become part of our Corporate Partnerships Pricing team, working with multiple brands in a highly dynamic and challenging environment.
You will have opportunity to acquire a wide range of Pricing skills, within a high-performing team of actuarial and pricing specialists.
Some Pricing or equivalent analytical experience would be a distinct advantage, along with knowledge of statistical techniques and SAS software. Frequent contact with internal stakeholders in GI and Insurance Division is expected as part of the role.
In return we can offer the outstanding opportunities and benefits you'd expect from the UK's top bancassurer.
Core Purpose of the Role:
To produce and analyse highly specialised and strategically sensitive information to aid the pricing of general insurance products, in order to achieve key business objectives.
- Carry out statistical insurance analysis of general insurance products
- Ensure models are continually developed with innovative ideas, in line with key principles
- Deliver high quality exhibits in a timely fashion
- Provide initial analysis on LBG GI market competitiveness
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical knowledge of general insurance products.
- Produce management information and supporting analysis relating to product performance, portfolio mix, regularly or ad-hoc, for use by LBG GI Senior Management.
- Understand Key Performance Indicators/ Key Risk Indicators and support the monitoring and delivery of such.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring departmental databases.
- Ensure that modelling adheres to model development and peer review standards
Key Capabilities/ Knowledge:
- Strongly numerate with analytical skills (to degree standard or equivalent analytical experience)
- Data extraction & manipulation skills (SAS)
- Displays attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to meet business timescales
- Team Player
- Demonstrate aptitude towards statistical analysis techniques such as generalised linear modelling
- Ability to work under pressure both in isolation and within a team context
- An introductory level of pricing experience would be advantageous
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.