As a Barclays Product Manager you will develop and manage products, owning and driving delivery and performance of products, to shape the product strategy. In your role you will be working within the International and FX team with the main product in this portfolio being Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC). Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
For this opportunity, we will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
What will you be doing?
- Working within the product management framework, managing your product(s) in order to achieve the commercial goals set out by the business
- Taking ownership of product collateral and marketing materials across all sales channels ensuring accurate reflection of current solutions
- Developing understanding of and sharing key competitor information and using these insights to inform the product development roadmap
- Developing and managing relationships with 3rd party software providers (ISVs)
- Monitoring and managing the pricing and operational policy for products and services
- Managing month end processes and reporting for ExCo presentations, Monthly Business Reviews, etc.
- Building and demonstrating subject matter expertise in your product, supporting at client meetings as required, seeking feedback on product capability
What we’re looking for:
- Numeric / analytical / commercial awareness – with the ability to interpret market trends and information and form opinions / strategies
- Ability to actively collaborate; willingness to share best practice
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills and ability to balance and manage diverse stakeholder interest
- Good understanding of how to produce a product / marketing plan, and business case
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Understanding of the Card Acceptance business and market awareness
- Understanding or experience of international and or FX products
- Product development or management experience – delivery against P&L objectives
- Commercial awareness / supplier and partner management
Where will you be working?
You can be home based, or work in one our office across the UK. Our key office locations are London, Northampton, Glasgow, Knutsford, Manchester, Northwich (Gadbrook) and Dublin.