Project Manager - VP/AVP - Northampton
- Salary:up to £80,000 base + bonus
- Location:Northampton, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:20 May 18
We are currently recruiting for the role of a VP/Assistant VP to join the procurement division of a Top Tier Bank which has a strong presence in both the UK and the US. The overall purpose of the role is to ensure the successful delivery of various projects, this would require the implementation of budget, agreed quality and governance standards. The role typically requires managing small to medium scale projects or small to medium scale work streams within larger projects or programme e.g. £1.5m
- Translating gaps between current state architecture and strategy into a project plan/roadmap
- Championing the vision and strategy with team
- Identify, assess and manage project risk, assumptions, issues and dependencies, escalating as an appropriate via the agreed governance framework
- Controlling the scope of projects, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised.
- Ensuring that the sufficient level of detail is provided so project and quality plans are prepared and maintained for complex projects, providing regular and accurate reports on progress against plan to stakeholders
- Setting out the business cases for programmes, taking into account information on benefits, costs, risks and timescales, concluding on whether it is desirable, viable and achievable
- Taking responsibility for constructing and managing the project financials (budget, forecast, actuals)
- Ensuring project resource plans are maintained so the appropriately skilled and experienced individuals are appointed in line with delivery plans.
- Defining and implement governance and reporting structure appropriate for the project
- Facilitating the business change decision-making processes and the planning and implementation of change in addition to managing any people impact
- Oversee Training/communication activities to ensure it is fit for purpose for level of business change
Skills & Knowledge
Strong industry knowledge
Strong knowledge of specialist areas that projects operate in.
Project Management - Practitioner level accreditation (eg Prince 2, PMI, APM) and Agile.
Extensive experience in managing projects with medium to high complexity, business critical and large cross-functional team spanning multiple regions and functions
A proven track record of the full project life cycle delivery
Project Management skills – Business Change
Business delivery experience
Financial services background
Experience managing business change within a procurement environment
Please note that the Assistant VP role will entail less responsibility but similar duties.
If would like work within a company that heavily invests in their employees in addition to working alongside the top practitioners on the market please apply with an updated version of your CV.