As a Barclays Senior HR Manager – Service Strategy and Transformation, you will join us in our HR Operations function to manage a portfolio of projects and initiatives that enables the transformation and evolution of Barclays HR Operations and Payroll services across the globe. You will have an exciting opportunity to lead and coach a team of Project Managers to enable delivery, partner with HR Operations and Payroll Service Leads, Regional Leads and HR Technology where appropriate, to build, evolve and execute service strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Leading on service strategy initiatives to enable the HR Operations and Payroll service to evolve, with the aim of improving the client and colleague experience
- Helping to advance the HR Operations and Payroll operating models towards their target states
- Overseeing and leading on transformation projects/ initiatives, utilising the framework in place to identify, mobilise, deliver and embed agreed initiatives, across the service lines
- Facilitating portfolio governance through transparent, accurate and timely reporting, monitoring and management, adhering to the relevant policies and standards
- Managing and developing a team of Portfolio Project Managers, to ensure the right skills, capacity and mind-set are in place to deliver activity agreed with the service lines
- Supporting services lines to build project management, consultancy skill capabilities and to help embed a continuous improvement mindset
- Partnering with HR Technology to identify and understand where strategic tools can help shape and drive service strategy
What we’re looking for:
- Proven ability to effectively mobilise and manage multiple priorities/ projects, ensuring consistently high delivery
- Ability to analyse problems, make decisions and commit to a course of action after identifying and assessing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts and resources
- Understanding of HR products and technology along with a practical, pragmatic and solution orientated approach
- Demonstrable solid communication and collaborations skills, with the ability to adapt style and build a narrative, to influence internal and external stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience of managing, contracting and consulting with a global, senior and diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience of coaching and developing individuals and teams to higher performance
- Relevant HR experience, with good exposure to service delivery, shared service operations and account/ relationship management/ consulting
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.