Delivery Finance Business Partner
- £46,567 - £60,103
- Nottingham, England, United Kingdom Nottingham England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- E.ON UK plc
- 28 Jun 18 2018-06-28
Business and Community Solutions (B&CS) is at the heart of delivering E.ON's vision; to improve people's lives and become the energy solutions partner of choice. Whether customers are looking to improve profitability, secure their energy supply, reduce complexity or improve comfort and well-being, we have the technology and expertise that can help them fulfil their energy potential. This is a critical role within the finance department of B&CS; you’ll be tasked with providing a high-quality end to end financial partner service to the Delivery business within B&CS. This business is behind the building of low carbon, economic and secure energy centres across the UK.
Here you’ll take the lead on financial decision support and analytics to the Head of Delivery and the wider Delivery team, within a context of value delivery, cost control and risk mitigation. You’ll be tasked with providing effective cost control across all live projects, of which there are currently 19, and preparing summaries for the Leadership Team.
Not only will you foster and promote good governance, regulatory compliance and a team ethic, you’ll also use your problem-solving skills to drive continuous improvement in order to best support and challenge the business.
This role will allow you to develop a broad range of knowledge about our business, and put you in a strong position to develop your career further with us.
Here’s what you need to have:
- Previous experience of adding value within a commercially focused finance role.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to deal effectively and confidently with all individuals at all levels of the business.
- Must have strong commercial acumen with a proven ability to identify key issues.
- Track record of stakeholder management with ability to provide both effective support and challenge to senior customers and stakeholders.
- A proactive and creative approach to problem solving, challenging established thinking.
- The ability to work under pressure, make decisions and meet tight deadlines.
- Degree educated with membership of a professional accounting institute (ACA / ACCA / CIMA).
It would be great if you had:
- Self-motivated with an exceptional relationship building skills with the ability to influence and work effectively across functional boundaries.
- An innovative approach, driving imaginative solutions to problems and capable of challenging conventional business thinking.
- Excellent team skills and a drive for continuous improvement.
Here’s what we’ll give you in return:
- 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Generous pension scheme (with 2 for 1 contributions from E.ON up to 18%).
- Retail discounts and cashback.
This role is based at Newstead Court, Little Oak Drive, Sherwood Park, Annesley, Nottingham, NG15 0DR.
This is a permanent role.
Due to the nature of the roles a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check may be required.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is an international privately-owned energy supplier. In the 2014 financial year, our staff comprising in excess of more than 58,000 employees based in many countries in Europe as well as in Russia and North America generated sales of around EUR 112 billion. We have an ambitious objective: We want to be the preferred partner for high-value energy offerings for customers.
E.ON provides electricity and gas to five million homes and businesses here in the UK. It’s incredibly complex work. It takes the talents of 12,000 people to do what we do. Yet our vision is a simple one. We want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We’re doing that by making energy cleaner and simpler to understand. We’re also doing it by being genuinely helpful people – to our customers and to each other.