Global financial services firm seeks an experienced Development Manager to join and lead a new transformation project with the purpose to build-out its cloud database distribution capabilities.
Global financial services firm seeks an experienced Development Manager to join and lead a new transformation project with the purpose to build-out its cloud database distribution capabilities. The scope of delivery covers the full life development cycle, delivery and service. Responsible for managing a team of software engineers in an Agile environment. Reporting directly into a board level Director of Technology. This role is critical in driving the cloud data distribution agenda across all non-real-time content and target cloud platforms.
The role would suit an experienced Development Manager with technical expertise and leadership to lead technologists, enable each individual team member to perform to their optimum ability, manage performance and develop team members whilst being hand-on in supporting the cloud-native data distribution applications.
Key skills required:
- Proven experience effectively leading and managing teams as a Development Management 5- 20 Reports.
- Hands-on delivery experience with cloud database / platform / PaaS technologies (Azure, Google, AWS, etc.)
- Scrum Master experience a big plus
- Strong hands-on background in product and development life-cycle utilising either C#, .Net, Java or C++ not looking for a coder but someone from a technical coding and architecture background.
- Accomplished technologist and hands on delivery experience with cloud-native applications.
- Experience of working in a Financial Services cloud business
- Experience working in a software development environment in platform and or product development
- Certification or Management qualification or affiliation with professional management organization.
- Experience working within a global organization with a track record of being able to set priorities and respond to changes rapidly, ideally with Financial Services.
- Practical experience with agile development methodologies and tools (Scrum, JIRA etc.)
- Knowledge of financial markets.
- Experience with Pervasive SQL or Oracle SQL
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.